Current time: 27/04/2024, 06:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(22/05/2014 13:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It isn't CMT/GTL days but the point is that buses with around 28 seats were more commonly used in years previous with no problem, without the quality bus partnership ticketing arrangements and without a service up to every 3 minutes. More people may use the service nowhere days but there is an increased frequency, increased operators to travel with on day and weekly tickets, and increased buses (that are also low floor) on the service so the impact will be minimal. Stick an optare solo on a less frequent but just as busy route such as the 352 and then you'll have problems.

I do use the 10/A frequently, I used to live on the route, and still use it nowhere days when travelling to my partners, doctors, dentist, friends and work. I know exactly what the loadings are like, and I know that even during peak time you can still get an empty bus, despite the 3 in-front being full standing loads, just like the 79.

I can't comment on what the route was like back in CMT/GTL days as I didn't live along the route as I do now and certainly hardly ever got 10/10A back then and also wasn't on a bus forum back then, but with GTL it wouldn't surprise me, however, that was many years ago anyway and not present day so not particularly relevant. Yes you can get 3 full buses along the route and then one almost empty but that still doesn't make the use of 2 solos acceptable, just like it wouldn't be on the 79's. It is poor work from JS to be using these on this route, and like St Helens Rider said they probably shouldn't be here at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - MPTE1955 - 22/05/2014 14:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 87 Guest(s)