Current time: 27/04/2024, 06:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(17/01/2014 22:55)St Helens Rider Wrote:  
(17/01/2014 22:22)Valandil Wrote:  I know that this isn't strictly Arriva-related, but thought here was the best place to get an answer to this!

Does anyone know why the E10, E11 and E12 are being axed from 23rd February?
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...ges--.aspx
I know that there has been a reduction in frequency either recently or coming soon, before they go completely.

The big talking point at this afternoon's Merseytravel Customer Forum - apparently Merseytravel has been funding them for the last 18 months and simply cannot continue to fund them (previously the funds came from Europe). Also one of the vehicles has failed an MOT test (which probably explains the reductions in frequency which took place on 6th January). Areas no longer served after their withdrawal will be Ravenhead Retail Park and the streets behind the Town Hall as well as Boundary Road will be served by 5 buses per day! (in the form of the 135).

One bus did not fail its mot, it simply was not put in for it as they being scrapped. There was no point paying for parts etc when it is to be withdrawn. The reduction in service is purely a slow wind down operation and the contract was not re-newed due to no more funding but other reasons were given which I can not disclose at present.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - chris-s - 18/01/2014 11:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 74 Guest(s)