Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Just been told st helens will have 4014/16 for schools.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/08/2013 10:54)motormayhem Wrote:  Just been told st helens will have 4014/16 for schools.

Thanks for the information, hopefully they might see normal service at some point to. Still think it might be an idea to use one on the 10/A to see what the loadings are like. Personally I can't see it happening, but as this is St Helens depot anything can happen.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Well i was talking and got told they may see service but only on locals if we get really short so we can get them back in for schools when needed.
That should be a shock for some of the passengers on the local routes to see a double decker trundle towards them , makes sense to use them if you have them in an emergency
They should go on 10/10A or 89 on weekends or A wigan route
The DLAs are not QBP compliant so are unsuitable for the 10/10A, even though their capacity is desperately needed there.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(22/08/2013 13:04)507009 Wrote:  The DLAs are not QBP compliant so are unsuitable for the 10/10A, even though their capacity is desperately needed there.

Time will tell, but I would not be surprised if one does, if SH can use solo's on the 10/A then anything is possible.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Well, as Merseytravel like to point out, the QBP on the 10/A isn't officially in motion yet (even though they like to advertise as such) so really, there's no real obligation for compliant vehicles to be used hence the allocation of other vehicles semi-regularly.

As they're required for schools, they're not likely to get as far away as Liverpool during the week and if they see service, it will likely be local as MM says. Over the weekend, it's possible they could go further afield with no need to be back for school chucking out time but given the age, reliability and, no doubt, fuel consumption, I'd say that's probably unlikely unless spare vehicles are otherwise at a minimum.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
So if Merseytravel's literature states that the route is a QBP and then Merseytravel states the route isnt yet in full operation , then what is it at the moment then ?

Sending them out of a weekend could and im only saying could make them suspectible to failure that could make them unavailable for there designated work causing un-necessary expense trying to find vehicles for the school work that the double deckers where needed for in the first place.
Couldn't tell you wirralbus but that's been their response when they've been challenged over not enforcing any of the 'features' of the QBP they enjoy marketing on a large scale. In my personal opinion, it's little more than a marketing gimmic at the moment and for them to be allowed to promise all of these state of the art, low emission vehicles running convieniently for passengers, the honus should definitely be on them to ensure that's what is provided - to me, it's little more than a shambles at the moment.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 80 Guest(s)