Current time: 02/05/2024, 20:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Double deckers are without a doubt required on 10/10A journeys leaving Liverpool from early afternoon until late evening. The loads are massive: this route needs deckers more than the 12/13 for me. It's not all about bunching either; while this exacerbates the problem, it's not unusual for several buses to run on time in a row and still be packed to the rafters.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If a Solo Sr appeared on the 10/10A its a last resort allocation. its better to run the service with something than be penalised...After Page Moss there is that many busses running there, bunching happenes with very few pick ups...
You want to start worrying if a Selwyns Eco bus pops up on there..
(11/04/2013 21:04)chris-s Wrote:  If a Solo Sr appeared on the 10/10A its a last resort allocation. its better to run the service with something than be penalised...After Page Moss there is that many busses running there, bunching happenes with very few pick ups...
You want to start worrying if a Selwyns Eco bus pops up on there..

Would an Eco bus manage a round trip on the 10A anyway lol.
I tend to agree that sometimes deckers need to be used o 10/A/B/C corridor from Lime Street-Page Moss, I've done the trip many a time mainly in the peaks and most if not all leave Queen Square with good healthy loads on them and some leaving with standing loads, although once past Page Moss loads start to thin out from what I've seen with only the odd person getting on and getting off, in fact sometimes I've been the only person on a 10A from Wiston Hospital to St Helens.

The problems really start though is if something goes wrong on the railways which is what happened a couple of months ago and the queues for services to Huyton and beyond were quite lengthy with virtually every bus at Queen Square taking upto 5mins or more to load up and then leaving full and standing.

The main problem though is since the QBP has been introduced as it has seen less buses on 10/A in particular, in my opinion extra's neeed to be operated at the peak sometimes
Another Dart on 320 today, is this normal now and i've missed something?!
For some reason the the 320 tends to have upto at least 3 darts on it latley for some reason but unsure why.
The 320 has had a mixed allocation for as long as I can remember. The Pulsar only operation (which the 58 plates were bought for) lasted no time at all. It's Renowns which did feature heavily on 320s until the 360 transferred over. At any rate, a Dart on 320s is nothing new.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
solo SR was on a 320 longs late yesterday

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/04/2013 07:49)sumner Wrote:  Another Dart on 320 today, is this normal now and i've missed something?!

2322 was on long 320's this morning. Also noticed 7623 on 620's displaying 620 (yellow blank). Obviously must not have Hindley Green on the manual blinds.
(12/04/2013 11:18)bolton bus basher Wrote:  solo SR was on a 320 longs late yesterday
Again, actually reasonably regular. Some of the regular drivers prefer to swap a Dart/Renown in for them...

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)