Current time: 07/05/2024, 03:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(05/01/2013 22:37)motormayhem Wrote:  Well it may of ended up being 1 decent arrival and that being 2628 a commander and others are darts but im going to check when i finish as 3have arrived tonight by the looks of things.

I'm made up we finally have a Commander, even more so as 2628 has a 4 speed gearbox I think (correct me if I'm wrong) opposed to the 3 speed ones at Speke.
As St.Helens Rider said it's good to see full size buses arriving at Jackson Street.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/01/2013 23:47)Scania1996 Wrote:  
(05/01/2013 22:37)motormayhem Wrote:  Well it may of ended up being 1 decent arrival and that being 2628 a commander and others are darts but im going to check when i finish as 3have arrived tonight by the looks of things.

I'm made up we finally have a Commander, even more so as 2628 has a 4 speed gearbox I think (correct me if I'm wrong) opposed to the 3 speed ones at Speke.
As St.Helens Rider said it's good to see full size buses arriving at Jackson Street.

yes the 07 once have a 4 spead thats why they sound more of a pulsar engine.

and also glad there giving st helens bigger buses and more of a choice Smile

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
not sure but 2628 might have come instead of one of the OBN darts as that today has picked up a major fault

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The other 2 that came tonight was 2251 and 2254
yea just got told from a driver at the depot that 2628 is a tempo thing as 2 out the 6 buses are getting MOT done monday (lets hope this dont happen)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/01/2013 00:32)bolton bus basher Wrote:  yea just got told from a driver at the depot that 2628 is a tempo thing as 2 out the 6 buses are getting MOT done monday (lets hope this dont happen)
Going by the VOSA registration, the transfer isn't until the 13th Jan... Why would Bolton need to send a Commander to cover vehicles having an MOT on Monday to operate a service which they still retain? Sending it that far in advance suggests to me it's likely to be a permanent allocation but we'll soon see either way.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
We take over them from this monday as i for one are on them permantly why we have them and may eventually be interworked but just have to wait and see.
Fair enough, I stand corrected!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I hope 2628 stays permantly as i love the commaders as there a lot better than the pulsars i think.
My guess is that the full route 360 to interwork with the 329 and the Golborne shorts interwork with the 352's which don't do 395's. This arrangement would certainly solve any dead mileage issues.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)