Current time: 04/05/2024, 16:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I'd agree with sending the Renown's the Green Lane, standardises the Voith ones at one depot (as well as 2729/30, but maybe they could go to Southport?) as well as giving them a relatively mid-life fleet leading to a bit order in a few years time.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Possible new buses for SH is of course welcome - Renowns to GL would be a decent move too as the extra capacity would be welcomed.

As for what could come in to replace any departing buses - the 11.7m Versa would be interesting as the capacity is virtually the same as a P2, plus there's a weight saving so the fuel economy could be an improvement on the P2s (as the 11.7m Versa is only available with the Cummins engine from what I'm told) however, they could possibly be too big for some local routes as they're only a touch shorter than a Pulsar.

I agree with what's been posted previously - no more SRs please! they're very nice but they are too small. Also a common complaint with them seems to be regarding the absence of a luggage pen.

The 10.8m StreetLite could be worth a look - between Pulsar and Dart in capacity, but usefully shorter. Also easier to order this year seeing as Wrightbus won't be absolutely snowed under with Olympics buses.

Still, it remains to be seen what may happen - a 10.8m StreetLite demonstrator coming to visit would be welcome!

(01/01/2013 17:31)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  As for what could come in to replace any departing buses - the 11.7m Versa would be interesting as the capacity is virtually the same as a P2, plus there's a weight saving so the fuel economy could be an improvement on the P2s (as the 11.7m Versa is only available with the Cummins engine from what I'm told) however, they could possibly be too big for some local routes as they're only a touch shorter than a Pulsar.
I honestly don't think length is much of an issue with any of the routes that St Helens operate; remember that on a Sunday, with the occasional exception of, as mentioned earlier, the 356, everything is Pulsar operated anyway. Some routes may become tighter in a full size vehicle but then that's when it's down to whoever's allocating to place either the Cadets, the Darts or the SRs on there if it's really deemed necessary. There's no reason St Helens shouldn't be taking on more full sized vehicles though and they certainly shouldn't be letting full sized vehicles go in favour of smaller vehicles; the likes of the 89 reverting to Cadet sized vehicles would be detrimental.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I think MX59 has hit the nail on the head pretty much.
With regards to the Streetlite, its non-standard in the North West for Arriva, so while its a good option, the Versa would be slightly more standardised with the presence of SRs at St Helens.

RIP 96 - YNWA
I'd like to see 10 NC bodied Olympians, 40 Atlanteans and 70 Leyland National Mk2's back by the summer please :-)

#onecanwish
(01/01/2013 18:42)tinytears87 Wrote:  I'd like to see 10 NC bodied Olympians, 40 Atlanteans and 70 Leyland National Mk2's back by the summer please :-)

#onecanwish

Bring em on mate! If only.
Personally, I would welcome anything instead of a pulsar, I am sick of the things.
some wright eclipse urbans would be nice but dont think we would be that lucky

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
As for Wright Eclipse Urbans the only place you'll find these in Arriva livery as far as I know is with Arriva West Yorkshire unless there's some with another Arriva Subsidy
its a shame really as they seem to be better built

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)