Current time: 02/05/2024, 11:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(24/12/2012 10:14)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Once the V-DJC's are gone then it will be the X-ANC's as they should have around 3 years 9 months years before they are 15 years old. No doubt all of them will not last until that age. In fact there will be quite a number of X platers with the cadets & some renowns. Once the Y plater renowns are gone there will be quite a gap in single deck buses that will need to be replaced. The gap being about 4 years.

Time flies...I remember the X/ANC's being brand new, seeing 2208 on test in Huyton before it entered service, and being surprised to see 2219/21 on Bootle routes one night, had no idea they were due!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It certainly does, I remember the X-ANC's new as well, used to get them on 53/55 when I lived in Bootle, can't say I ever liked them though.
May I take the opportunity of wishing an unmerry christmas for the driver ** of the 13:50 service 37 from St. Helens to Eccleston today (24 December). Arriving in town at about 13:50, instead of driving to the Bickerstaffe Street stop, he entered the bus station, presumably to discharge passengers, and then departed empty towards Eccleston (displaying 37 Dentons Green), leaving a queue of passengers waiting in a cold, damp Bickerstaffe Street. (It wasn't a cancellation, as the Cadet returned at just after 14:20, displaying 37 St. Helens. Thanks for nothing.

(** - the driver, or some manager who authorised that action. )
look at arrivas facebook page there is information regarding service changes from 27/1/13 here is the comment i just copied

Mark - on 27 January 2013, changes will be made as follows:

Service 20 - Route change in Earlestown (due to pedestrianisation of some roads)
Service 31 - No changes will be made
Service 34 - Route change in Earlestown (due to pedestrianisation of some roads) and the service will operate via the Acorn street 'loop' in one direction.

No changes to times will be made, hope this helps.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The change to the 31 is that it will only serve Concourse Way in one direction only - no changes to times.
i bet your not happy with that 34 change lol as it does affect you :P

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Out of interest what roads are being pedestrianised in Earlstown?
not got a clue mate sorry

(25/12/2012 00:51)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i bet your not happy with that 34 change lol as it does affect you :P

Terence, the only change is on the 34A - there are no changes to times mate, so no probs for now.
Two Renowns are on the 33 today, those being 2712 & 2729. 2729 was displaying 33A Widnes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)