Current time: 05/05/2024, 18:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Before I forget (again!), a second vehicle caught fire on the 38 on Saturday evening whilst on the Rainford By-Pass, St Helens bound. From the photo I saw, it looked to be 2491 (certainly a Cadet in the old livery) but it wasn't clear enough to be certain. All in all, it wasn't a great week for Arriva on there last week and needless to say the local pensioners have made it their topic of conversation this week!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If it was 2491 it is back on the road- it was on the 38 yesterday. 2496 is back on the road too and sounding far healthier than it used to! Doesn't seem to rattle as much now either!

Like I say Chris, the picture was far too glarish to be able to see for sure. The only other old livery Cadet, aside from 2491, that I haven't seen yet this week is 2489 so if somebody's seen that since Saturday then it would seem there was nothing too seriously wrong with whichever vehicle it was as it must be back on the road!

As for 2496, I noticed how improved this is too! They must have given it a bit of work when they got around to sorting the cooling fan on it because it does just feel so much more 'solid' now with quite a nippy engine!

2489 is out on the 36/A today so if it was this one it is back out in service quick so can't be to serious. If two of the SH cadets have caught fire within a week maybe they need to be checked over.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
According to the person I spoke to on the Tuesday(?), it wasn't one of 'the normal buses' so I don't think that one was a Cadet but his description was hardly the best!

2701 is unusually on the 33 this evening .
As is 2704 on 32s!

715 was on the 34 this afternoon (23/11), the 14:40 ex-Leigh, then on the 34A at 15:35 from St. Helens. Did not see it on my way to Leigh in the morning, so possibly replaced another bus at some time.
7640 is also out on 32 lates again.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(23/11/2012 23:12)sth77 Wrote:  7640 is also out on 32 lates again.

Oh dear, surprised that hasn't been swapped.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)