Current time: 06/05/2024, 11:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Ah didn't realise the passengers had spoken regarding the 36/36A! At times the 35/35A will need bigger buses, but then again there's only 3 Solos isn't there and if one is on the 312 it should be fine, no need to have them on the 32A though!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's amazing to think that when the 32/33's were introduced, Volvo B10BLE's and Ultralow's were the order of the day. Both services have recently seen a shrink in both frequency and capacity. Also the 20's have been reduced in frequency and capacity going from Pulsar's to Darts and Solo's. As has been questioned elsewhere, I dread to think of what size of vehicle will replace the remaining Darts.
I do think it will be more SRs of the current size as opposed to anything smaller. Yes, the SRs are proving to verge upon being too small (especially at peaks) but for the local routes they're used on, the capacity of the Paladins was unnecessary. Seeing how poorly the 58 Solos cope, I would hope management wouldn't touch anything of that size with a bargepole!

An interim sized vehicle, such as a Versa or Streetlite, would have been the better choice giving the company a smaller vehicle which is reasonably light on fuel whilst giving passengers the required capacity.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
2320 & 7640 were on the 37/38 this morning and this afternoon 2494 was on it which works onto the 356!

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
It's an allocation of 3 and for a Cadet to be on the late 356 duty is a daily occurrence bud ;-)

(16/10/2012 15:13)CX54 DKD Wrote:  It's an allocation of 3 and for a Cadet to be on the late 356 duty is a daily occurrence bud ;-)

i thought it was 2 for some reason mate Hammer.

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Recently acquired T-PNB 2315 is on the 89.
Allocations seem to have shifted again over the last week. On locals, more Pulsars can again be noted, particularly on the 32/A and 33 - a result of complaints following standard Solo use and full SRs after the frequency drop I wonder? Another notable allocation change on locals is the release of Cadets to longer routes such as the 320 etc. whilst the 37/38 has gone back from three Cadets on the to 1 late board and 2 Darts again. The 329 seems to have retained its 3 Cadet allocation, thankfully. On the 352/395 road, Renowns can again be noted after a couple of months of entire Pulsar allocation. Indeed, a Renown stayed out on 352 lates right through the entirety of last night.

Also, a note on 7640 after St Helens Rider mentioned it last week:- I'm in complete agreement with him; it's truly diabolical! The idle vibrations are horrendous and this for a bus which was previously smooth and quiet. It's rough over pretty smooth roads and speed is hardly its forte either so it wasn't the best for the run down the Rainford by-pass earlier. The interior is horribly tired too and just shows how much the P&P treatment improves these Darts. The sooner we see the back of 7640, the better.

i say send 7640 to green lane and give us cadet,on another note the exhaust fumes coming out of 2494 are getting worse as now it seems to be lacking power too.
I have had 7634 on my 34 commute for the last 2 days. Not a bad example, although on my return last night an alarm was sounding and after checking everything, the driver couldn"t cure it andf it was swapped in St Helens for a Pulsar. Mustn't have been much wrong as it was back on the same duty today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)