Current time: 03/05/2024, 12:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Smurfy is easily pleased though.
On another topic just seen a cadet going through Haydock Possible 620, looked like back has been resprayed black with that muck black smoke its putting out, could hardly see the lights..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I know 2493 was out on the 620 this morning - that must be a recent addition to the list of smoking Cadets then! The Interurban ones are particularly badly affected. 2492's lights are very difficult to see.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(11/06/2012 16:28)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I know 2493 was out on the 620 this morning - that must be a recent addition to the list of smoking Cadets then! The Interurban ones are particularly badly affected. 2492's lights are very difficult to see.

did'nt get a look a fleet no as was heading home but it looked really dirty and black sooted up .
Will look out of bedroom window and see if i can see a smoke cloud lol...How come they get so sooted up?
You can see those clouds a mile off lol! But yeah, it's very poor to see and giving motorists a face fuel of crap as the bus pulls away in front of them isn't exactly showing Arriva off in the best light either! At least we should have one of them fixed being 2494 which has been in for engine work over the past couple of weeks.

According to VBG on the workshop thread, it's down to the exhaust system on the Cadets allowing the fumes to mitigate into the light housing and ultimately into the lenses hence the poor visibility.

you would ov thought that a solution to the problem would ov been found by now, being behind a cadet reminds ov being stuck behind a Leyland National mk1 lol
(11/06/2012 16:16)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(11/06/2012 16:03)chris-s Wrote:  More darts, should go down well with the drivers
Smurfy seemed happy! ;-)
(11/06/2012 16:04)Ultralow Wrote:  Hi all i think a renown might of been on the 37/8 this afternoon but it was probberly a cadet but it looked too long to be a cadet and i was fare away which didn't help can any one confirm this?

thanks in advance Smile
All I can confirm is that, until 11.10 this morning, it was 2491, 7570 and a Marshall out on there. An easier way than length to tell between a Cadet and a Renown though is to try and get a look at the headlights and/or the seating which differ on both. There's also a large bar across the whole of the right hand side window directly behind the drivers cab on the Cadets which isn't present on the Renowns.

I would be able to tell straight if i was closer to it and i only seen the side of it and i was fare away from it!
(11/06/2012 16:46)chris-s Wrote:  you would ov thought that a solution to the problem would ov been found by now, being behind a cadet reminds ov being stuck behind a Leyland National mk1 lol
Yeah, exactly! MM was saying that he'd heard they were going to repaint the backs of them - why not just fix the actual problem first!? lol
(11/06/2012 16:48)Ultralow Wrote:  I would be able to tell straight if i was closer to it and i only seen the side of it and i was fare away from it!
Fair enough ;-)

Saw newly arrived Dart 2328 this afternoon on the 352.

Scania Paladins seen were 1042 on the 89, 1048/50/1/4/5 on the 34 and 1053 on the 33.

Darts 2101/2, 2298 also all out in service.
From what I've been told and what's already happened, these incoming Darts are more likely to be immediate Paladin replacements than replacements for the Pointer 1s. 1057 went down yesterday and watch for a second being taken out of service later this week.....

..................and I've still not seen 1052 this year, despite seven visits to St. Helens.

User(s) browsing this thread: 44 Guest(s)