Current time: 08/05/2024, 08:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(08/10/2021 18:11)darylyates17 Wrote:  Just seen 4600 on a 17 mega rare one that

The 17 definitely needs full size vehicles. Earlier this week, there was a 58 plate Solo on there and it was full and standing (during the middle of the day, so not even Peak hour). Can't understand why such small vehicles are used on what is essentially a Town to Town service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/10/2021 18:11)darylyates17 Wrote:  Just seen 4600 on a 17 mega rare one that

That would of been me , I had it on a school run so decided to keep it out on my 17's instead of 719.
(08/10/2021 20:39)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The 17 definitely needs full size vehicles. Earlier this week, there was a 58 plate Solo on there and it was full and standing (during the middle of the day, so not even Peak hour). Can't understand why such small vehicles are used on what is essentially a Town to Town service.

I have the feeling that when Halton collapsed Arriva did not increase the service sufficiently to maintain the previous frequency of through buses from Widnes to St Helens.
(09/10/2021 06:39)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have the feeling that when Halton collapsed Arriva did not increase the service sufficiently to maintain the previous frequency of through buses from Widnes to St Helens.
Instead they cut the frequency and at times the capacity (ie size of vehicle). This route definitely feels like the poor relation in terms of vehicle size. Compare the 17 with the likes of the 320 or 352 and although not quite as busy, there can be some fairly healthy loads at times.
(08/10/2021 20:38)motormayhem1 Wrote:  As a tendency to over heat very easily so they keep it local.

Thanks for the reply.

Was jcksmnr
Not to sure myself why 17 always gets minibuses allocated to it these days when in the past when it was run out of Haydock Depot under Northwestern Wiganbus it was always a full size single decker and usually one of the Scania Ultralows.

If anything 17 should still today be operated by full size single deckers.
Until Halton Transport ceased Trading the Solo SR's where fine for the service but it does now need to return to full sized Single Deckers.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seems 2549 and 2166 are now here
Just checking this months allocation and it is showing Southport ADL Enviro200 2166 at St Helens
(15/10/2021 18:40)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Just checking this months allocation and it is showing Southport ADL Enviro200 2166 at St Helens

Been here for 2 days, been out on 34a, along with 2549 transfered in

User(s) browsing this thread: 61 Guest(s)