Current time: 08/05/2024, 09:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Knowing the layout of St Helens Bus Station I don't know how such an incident could happen and how the bus could end up facing the way it has.

Arriva probably won't be happy considering the amount of damage caused by the incident obviously this will be another bus in the queue to be fixed by the repair center at Jackson Street.

I'm just surprised looking at the pictures that there wasn't that much damage caused to the bus.

I wonder also how easy it was to move the bus unless it was reversed out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wasn't there a B10BLE involved in a simiar incident quite a few years ago.
(06/07/2021 06:10)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Wasn't there a B10BLE involved in a simiar incident quite a few years ago.

There's definitely been some done at Queen Square in Liverpool, think 2723 was involved once.
2715 was the one had a similar incident in St Helens

(06/07/2021 06:10)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Wasn't there a B10BLE involved in a simiar incident quite a few years ago.

Works for me
Years ago when 2715 had a similar incident it was due to the 'known about but hushed' Volvo problem where the bus suddenly goes on to full acceleration. First had one in Wigan when the B10BLe's were quite new. A 66xx B10B went up the court steps in Bolton a few years ago. First time I've heard of an SB200 doing that, if indeed that was the cause.

(06/07/2021 05:55)M60lad Wrote:  Knowing the layout of St Helens Bus Station I don't know how such an incident could happen and how the bus could end up facing the way it has.

I'm just surprised looking at the pictures that there wasn't that much damage caused to the bus.

Works for me
(06/07/2021 06:56)Rick Hunter Wrote:  2715 was the one had a similar incident in St Helens

Many thanks for confirming. I do recall it did a bit of damage to stands 4 - 6 at the time.
CCTV footage of the crash has been published
Source: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...r-20984047
Is this really needed?
Not so sure.
3pm on a Monday the bus station can be very busy, school chucking out time ecc, so very very lucky there wasn't any serious injuries or worse.

Could be the throttle jammed on, or something like that, something similar happened at the old Chester Bus Exchange to a Laird Street DAF SB220, which demolished a bus stand, fortunately it was one of the early morning services & no one else was at the stand

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 76 Guest(s)