Current time: 27/04/2024, 12:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(27/03/2021 18:11)Pulsar2 Wrote:  It states on Arriva’s website that any food that creates an offence or hazard is not allowed on the bus. Hot or cold. Plus it does stink the bus out.

In my opinion it depends on the driver you may have. I was on the 18 yesterday afternoon and a schoolgirl boarded with food and a milkshake, driver didn't say a thing, maybe he wasn't even glancing at the CCTV when stationary, as it quite obviously was a Gemini 3.

Though to me it seems that sometimes you will encounter drivers that seem to abide by company policy. There was an article in the ECHO around 2018 where a driver from St. Helens refused to allow a passenger to be on his bus, as the passenger had a Costa Coffee in their hand, though the passenger claimed that in the past he had seen other passengers with drinks and never had a problem with drinking a coffee on the bus in the past.

What does ring my bell however is the lack of signage for the whole food/drink rule, I've only seen the notifications for no food/drink (might've also been 'Please take your rubbish with you') only on the Pulsar fleet at Bootle and Green Lane, not sure if Bootle's CX58/MX09 batch of Enviro400's have them either.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - NathanR - 27/03/2021 19:01

User(s) browsing this thread: 79 Guest(s)