Current time: 02/05/2024, 04:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
the 352 as been like that since yeasterday when numerous times cars where blocking the road so the buses couldnt get through so it caused mayhem,merseytravel have put signs up in the bus station and tfgm where indicating to people in wigan yeasterday that they whete not operating down the water park as it was becoming dangerous due to other road users as i was on them yeasterday and my first trip got into an argument with a fella in a car that was on the wrong side of the road causing me not get through and cause mayhem bringing the junction to a stand still,not what u want to do so we got diverted to stop any bother or hassle and not to get anymore delayed then we already was.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/08/2012 15:05)V671 DVU Wrote:  2493 on an 89 board today, it appears that Cadets are becoming more and more common the 89.
Also, CX54 DKN (2495) was on the 329 this afternoon.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cadet's are perfectly usual on the 329, when I was in Warrington the other day I witnessed two Cadets (2489/93) and one Dart (2274) on there. Smile

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(25/08/2012 18:33)27701 Wrote:  Also, CX54 DKN (2495) was on the 329 this afternoon.
(25/08/2012 18:35)V671 DVU Wrote:  Cadet's are perfectly usual on the 329, when I was in Warrington the other day I witnessed two Cadets (2489/93) and one Dart (2274) on there. Smile
Yeah, Chris pointed this out the other day but I'll reiterate it here:- with the recent Dart withdrawals, the 37/38 along with the 329 now appear to have been converted to mainly Cadet operation. Odd Dart does appear but a full quota of Cadets isn't unusual at all now!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
So in theory 352s are back to going via the old route again for the foreseeable future, like I mentioned I think it was on the old forum, I remember when their used to various variations of the routes between St Helens-Wigan (342,352,362,372) with some only operating at peak times, a friend of mine from St Helens Depot will remember these routes as he used to drive them when he was at Northwestern's Wiganbus Depot at Haydock
no,its only while the road works are on at the junction near orrell railway station as its just causing problems for us getting through when veichles dont keep tucked in and are blocking our way.
Roadworks cleared. Its shambolic that the prats got permission to close part of that road (atleast it annoyed the SH rugby players that live down there which was the only plus side) the section thats closed is a blind corner and they shouldnt have got permission to build near that land anyway ah well further road closures soon when they demolish part of Orrell Train station (the scaffolding has just gone up on it.)

Should just operate the 352 via St James road but have a Shuttle Bus Maybe number 372 or Something routed Winstanley College Orrell Grapes connect with 352 then Via Tontine to Upholland to Connect with Skem/Southport buses would make a killing during term time. a solo SR would be ideal plus have through ticketing to Wigan or St Helens and Skelmersdale and Southport if routed properly?) Similar to how the First Wigan depot 598L used to be Wigan-Leigh

Also the loadings on 352 Lates have been dire due to diversions the 22:50 arrival into Wigan has only had Max of 6 people last 2 days ive rode both but i think thats due to buses being more expensive than Taxis round here these days with Skem 51555 and 50005 making a killing lately. cant see these lasting half hourly the way there running them

My suggestion would be a group evening ticket could be a ideal suggestion Say 5 into Wigan for a tenner but with arriva not trying new things recently i worry for there routes around here i really do especially with the bunching issues on the Ormskirk Road Corridor (352/375/385/395)
33 also reduced to every 15 minutes as per the 32s, with the 33A journeys now numbered 33. Hence why the 17 Halton is probably being increased.
point is the 33 from town to sutton mannor/widness does not require a 10 min service its sutton heath that requires ithe 10 min service, i was on a standing load 33A around 11 from thatto into town today, complaints will go in i think over this

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2490 is on 34/34A duty which works onto the evenjing service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)