Current time: 08/05/2024, 05:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
could be the reason now but i've noticed deckers a few times in the last few months too obviously when schools weren't open or at least not to full capacity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/09/2020 10:19)jcksmnr Wrote:  could be the reason now but i've noticed deckers a few times in the last few months too obviously when schools weren't open or at least not to full capacity.

Earlstown market was on during lockdown and it use to run in front of the 320 on its return to st Helen's so would get rather busy sometimes.
With the Schools going back or having gone back are any duties on 320 back to being operated with Double Deckers again? I know there was an afternoon duty in the past that had a decker allocated due to it passing Byrchall and St Edomond Arrowsmith at finishing time.
(04/09/2020 06:09)M60lad Wrote:  With the Schools going back or having gone back are any duties on 320 back to being operated with Double Deckers again? I know there was an afternoon duty in the past that had a decker allocated due to it passing Byrchall and St Edomond Arrowsmith at finishing time.

I think there will be as there will be a dupe from monday too I believe from wigan to st Helen's in the morning due to the bus being busy with school kids and not being able to pick anybody else up between Taylor's lane and Byrchall high school.
TFGM had no provision to supply a dupe on this service as far as I'm aware so think arriva are doing it themselves.
Also Warrington are running an S320 journey as well which should ease things a little.
(04/09/2020 06:43)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Also Warrington are running an S320 journey as well which should ease things a little.

Theres only run between st Helen's and ashton but we seem to be having problems between ashton and wigan due to the high demand of school children requiring to catch the bus to school , but no extra provisions had been implemented by TFGM.
One interesting one I've seen on social media is that it seems that MP Travel have picked up a journey on S320 from pictures I've seen yesterday with them saying that their ready for Monday.
(05/09/2020 05:11)M60lad Wrote:  One interesting one I've seen on social media is that it seems that MP Travel have picked up a journey on S320 from pictures I've seen yesterday with them saying that their ready for Monday.

I'm guessing that's the dupe from wigan to ashton in a morning which gets rammed with school kids and I'm guessing they will do the return journey after school too.
(05/09/2020 09:27)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I'm guessing that's the dupe from wigan to ashton in a morning which gets rammed with school kids and I'm guessing they will do the return journey after school too.

So will all the students be using just the ‘S’ buses then (where provided) and leaving the ordinary service to other passengers, or are they expected to use both?
(05/09/2020 13:11)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  So will all the students be using just the ‘S’ buses then (where provided) and leaving the ordinary service to other passengers, or are they expected to use both?

Apparently the kids are suppose to use the "S" services where they have been provided to allow the restricted capacity on the normal service to be used for workers etc.

User(s) browsing this thread: 93 Guest(s)