Current time: 03/05/2024, 04:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
A very interesting move indeed, perhaps 2298 was only a short term loan to Runcorn?

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Pulsar 3024 broke down late this afternoon, parked on London Road with an RNW low loader there about to pick it up, this was about 5.30, bus was St Helens bound.
2489 only just made it back to st helens as handbreak kept sticking on, was a laugh really as it did it in all contry side then at the round about in parr and just after the woman rang the depot she showed an old man what was the problem and that time the handbreak came off! made it back to st helens and was then booked of (thank god)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3048 also had issues on my way to work this morning on 10a, driver had to stop and turn engine on and off at Kensington, this was about 7.15 and don't think he was too pleased as bus was full as well. Just as well it went again.
2691 on the 329 having replaced 2489 during the day.

With the darts being withdrawn in does seem that the 329 and 37/8 have been more or less converted to cadet operation. The 38 was in the hand of 2 darts today but that was due to the fact that 2495 failed early this morning near Rainford Junction and was replaced by 2316.

2489 broke down on there yesterday, handbreak problem again?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
2274 was out on the 329 today, surprised this is still going. Surely doesn't have long left?

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Yeah it was out all day too which was surprising. 2214 started the day on the 329 yesterday but was replaced by 2493 in the afternoon.

I'm not too sure BBB. If it has broke down again it would have broken down 3 times in 5 days. Surely worth more of a look from the mechanics!

Also seems like the Volvos are taking some of the former Paladin duties on the 34/34A - noticed 2715 and one in the old livery on there today. This does seem to be a good move considering capacity.

Although I can see some crowded 32/32A journeys following the September timetable change when the daytime combined frequency goes down to every 15 minutes from every 10 and the vehicles have shrunk. In fact the evening & Sunday frequency between St Helens & Clinkham Wood used to be every 15 minutes on the 23/24 prior to an Arriva revision in 2001 - now the daytime frequency on this section of route will be down to every 15 and with smaller vehicles - can't really call that progress.
reason for this st helens rider is the solo SR freed up some pulsars on locals and they replaced renowns on 89 and then the renowns moved down the chain and onto what the darts was on

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)