Current time: 08/05/2024, 04:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
One other change on there is evening and Sunday 35 are running alternately via Marsden Avenue (35) and Knowsley Road (35A). Probably to give the timetable some resilience. Irony being is that stretch of Knowsley Road is only served by the 153 (4 journeys) in the daytime so thus will have a greatly increased frequency Evenings and Sundays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Once you start with anything that isnt regular frequencies like every 40 and 45 mins , then you start losing passengers will this be the slow death of the routes involved , they are already doing it with a Runcorn route the X1.
Anything going on in the P&P department
(14/12/2019 00:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Once you start with anything that isnt regular frequencies like every 40 and 45 mins , then you start losing passengers will this be the slow death of the routes involved , they are already doing it with a Runcorn route the X1.

Those are regular frequencies - what you mean is they're not clockface frequencies.

Any reduction in frequency is indicative of the decline of a route, but I don't see any evidence that this is linked to non-clockface frequencies per se, apart from the fact that by their nature they tend to be sub-2bph. Hourly would be worse, despite being clockface.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
This must surely mean that the 329 and 360 won't interwork any more on Saturdays, which raises the question which depot the 360 will be run from. Would St Helens continue to run it but just run dead to pick it up?
(15/12/2019 11:45)Valandil Wrote:  This must surely mean that the 329 and 360 won't interwork any more on Saturdays, which raises the question which depot the 360 will be run from. Would St Helens continue to run it but just run dead to pick it up?

320/352 perhaps?
The 329 can work onto the 360 still if one or the other is a typo. Why would the 329 go to 45 and the 360 to 40 minutes. Both on 40 or 45 on both would allow for the interworking to continue in Warrington.

I think bringing the 352 into the mix and interworking it onto a 360 every 40 minutes would confuse things for everyone.
(16/12/2019 10:24)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  320/352 perhaps?

It seems unlikely, as the 320 runs to Wigan every 30 minutes on a Saturday and the 352 is every 15 minutes, making it difficult to fit an every 40 minute service into them.
But if there is no interworking, then the 360 will be sat around for a long time.
It seems a bit of a mystery to me.
Most 352s interwork with 395 to Skelmersdale in Wigan so not to sure why St Helens would add another route to interwork 352s with, also due to traffic conditions in/around Wigan its not unheard of for 2 352s to run together to St Helens due to traffic on Orrel Road and adding another route to could see 320s running late or some 320s not running.
(16/12/2019 10:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  The 329 can work onto the 360 still if one or the other is a typo. Why would the 329 go to 45 and the 360 to 40 minutes. Both on 40 or 45 on both would allow for the interworking to continue in Warrington.

I think bringing the 352 into the mix and interworking it onto a 360 every 40 minutes would confuse things for everyone.

If it is a typo, I'd imagine both would be on a 40-minute frequency rather than both every 45 minutes, as by my reckoning a round trip on the 329/360 currently takes 3h14min, which could be made to work on a 40-minute frequency with 5 buses, but would still need 5 buses and would leave an awful lot of dead time on a 45-minute frequency.

User(s) browsing this thread: 70 Guest(s)