Current time: 04/05/2024, 11:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(18/08/2012 08:12)CX54 DKD Wrote:  2707 is on the 10 road this morning rambling round with NO power a la Volvo B6BLE Crusader. Proved quite troublesome pulling onto roundabouts.

2707 was on the 352 the other day, with the same issue. It was so bad in fact that 3023 caught up to us at Carr Mill crossroads and the driver shouted back to 3023's complaining of the lack of power - got to layover and he let rip in complaint about it then! LOL

lately all the 27** are the same way,as ive got 6** solos sorted as they went the same way but the 27** are next for me to see him about
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Solos are an easy fix though - plug them into the computer, run any necessary diagnostics and put them back up to full power (you'll find they'll probably have been tuned down for fuel usage purposes which in itself is a pointless endeavour). With the Renowns being an earlier bus, I think their more 'old school' and aren't as easy to sort as that. In all honesty, they're just a fecked batch of buses now and the engines are knackered along with the suspension. The best by far are 2703, 2705 and 2715. The rest, well, they're just crap now. 2707 is the worst I've had though.

But I mean by all means, if you manage to get them sorted in accordance with engineering, hats off! Lol

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Green Lane's Renowns seem to be a very mixed batch of buses, with the majority being knackered and past their best. A few of them also seem to not be packing any punch as such, and are incredibly sluggish off the line. By far the best one is the one with the ZF gearbox (2721), it's faster and better sounding then all of the Voith ones. Out of the St Helens batch, 2706 wasn't bad at all last time I had it.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
the solos being sluggish was down the turbo pipes all having a fracture in them causing the turbo not to function proper due to lack of air,which is a common fault according to form.
The 27** are bad latly as u find it hard to get out of bus stops and roundabouts but i hate the suspensions on them too as u feel every bump through the steering wheel.
here is a 1 day game for you,what bus ive been given on a temporary trip or 2 on the speke hall shuttle then i will post a picture later.
Has it got Speke Hall on the destinations? What've you had a spare brought out for (and only for a couple of trips at that!) anyway? lol

no its not got speke hall on dest and our place have to bring me another bus as i had 680 to start off with then it had defect now ive got another bus which everyone wpuld not off seen coming bit i will put the picture on when i finish later
I reckon it's either a Pulsar or something that doesn't actually belong to St Helens! :-)

it dont belong to st helens i can tell u that,its a commander 2602 from speke.

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)