Current time: 27/04/2024, 16:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
One of the new SR's? :O
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yes

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Lets hope the driver was ok in the main they are a friendly lot at JS

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
These things happen , it was only a matter of time before one was involved in a RTI .

As the vehicle is not really that old it may have to go back to the manufacturers to be repaired , rather than repaired in house.
I heard thevan driver was out cold and the bus driver broken shoulder.
it was 720 that was involved and the bus driver is ok as spoke to him back at the depot.
Glad the driver is Ok Motormayhem, as for the bus I'm guessing that considering as the bus will still be under warranty Arriva won't be allowed to touch it so it will have to go back to Optare for repairs, I'm guessing it could be off the road for a while though, not to sure if this will create a shortage of vehicles for Arriva especially when services go back to normal in September

Have St Helens still got any of the original Solos still in service only I didnt see any yesterday while I was in St Helens and 35/35A were mainly operated by Solo SRs
676 is on the pits having work done,dont think 680 as come back,677 was there yesterday and 678 started off on the 35/35A but may of got swapped for a dart later on in the day.
@M60LAD, I was actually working out PVRs the other day in relation to what we have in the depot. Come September we should have around 10 spares taking into account this Solo being off the road. So shortages shouldn't be an issue!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I've got to admit that I'm surprised that the cadet duty of the 37/38/356 hasn't been changed over to a solo sr. The use of so many SR's on the 35/A does seem a bit excessive considering the passenger numbers it gets and surely it would be better use taking a couple off there and converting some workings on the likes of the 37/38 and even the 36/A to solo SR operation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)