Current time: 27/04/2024, 05:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(28/02/2018 23:28)Valandil Wrote:  Feel free to disagree, but I think that's a really good gesture from Arriva.
Hopefully this will mean a stable situation and neither company will deviate.
They could have gone all predatory 'cat and mouse' instead and re-timed to run just ahead of Link Network - with little regulation, that's the 'quick buck' mindset that most operators would use.

Halton Transport have a Warrington - Daresbury peak-time service (62A) and many workers also use Arriva's X30 and walk from the nearest end of Daresbury village.

Honestly I completely and respectfully disagree with most of that.
The timetable alterations from Arriva will make Link lose money from concessionary fares. Those that want the cheaper alternative will use the cheaper alternative. Those that use multiple Arriva buses buy passes and will use Arriva.

Where I can agree however is the cat and mouse. Arriva had the 329 all to themselves being the cat, along comes Link being the mouse and their introductory fare offer of free travel. The strikes followed and didn't help Arriva as people lost confidence in them. However, they're now stable and all is fine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - RedPanda - 01/03/2018 06:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 76 Guest(s)