Current time: 27/04/2024, 07:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(28/02/2018 18:15)Valandil Wrote:  The new 329 timetable from 22 April 2018 looks like a really good step forwards for passengers, with more even gaps between the services provided by the 2 companies on Monday to Friday:
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travelli...02018).pdf
It almost invites Link Network to increase to every half hour, to create a combined "every 15 minutes" service between Warrington and St Helens overall.

Credit where credit is due - I think this is exemplary and almost like a self-imposed QBP.
Other companies who are mindlessly competing with each other to the death could take something from this!

I thought a QBP accepted each other’s tickets without question. Being charged a small fee per journey with one operator and not accepting their competitors tickets on the other.
All Arriva have done is retimed their daytime journeys to leave 15 minutes before and after Link’s. I can see what you mean about inviting a second bus to join Link’s operation on the 329 but I could really see a big drop in passenger usage per journey.

The only way I could see it work is if there was a reintroduction in contiuing to Daresbury. But who to operate it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - RedPanda - 28/02/2018 23:10

User(s) browsing this thread: 81 Guest(s)