Current time: 06/05/2024, 00:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
677 it is. 1044 also still soldiering on, on 89s.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/08/2012 08:33)CX54 DKD Wrote:  677 it is. 1044 also still soldiering on, on 89s.

Thanks for the confirmation mate.
Good job its not market day in earlstown with that solo being on there.
I was thinking that myself MM, although the route can still be quite busy on other days too.
I had a ride on 718 earlier (on the 33) and I'd like to echo comments from CX54 and SHR et al and say that the Solo SRs are indeed impressive from a passenger point of view - the seats are comfy and the interior looks good - I like the little green LEDs that are just to the side of the main white strip lights down the ceiling above the aisle.

Performance wise they're not too bad at all, they do seem a little short of puff in fourth gear on faster runs (Marshalls Cross Road by Sherdley Park) but otherwise they're quite perky.

Loadings weren't too bad either - I think some people were used to having a bigger bus on the route as they seemed a bit puzzled at where to sit! Otherwise people seemed to be quite impressed...

...that is apart from some of the drivers! I overheard a couple of them talking earlier and they didn't seemed convinced by the cab layout and all the extra neck-craning it brings, which is understandable.

PS - seating capacity is noted at 35? I was under the impression they are 37 seaters, has someone miscounted?

(edit wrong fleetnumber)

(01/08/2012 15:25)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  PS - seating capacity is noted at 35? I was under the impression they are 37 seaters, has someone miscounted?
When doing the fleetlist I just went with the spec specified in this document. Interesting to hear that they're only seating 35 and not 37 though, I'll get that amended.

Perhaps they've had the two seats by the door removed to create an extra buggy bay?

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(01/08/2012 15:31)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(01/08/2012 15:25)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  PS - seating capacity is noted at 35? I was under the impression they are 37 seaters, has someone miscounted?
When doing the fleetlist I just went with the spec specified in this document. Interesting to hear that they're only seating 35 and not 37 though, I'll get that amended.

No worries, I thought Optare had put the wrong labels on but they are 35 seaters now I remember - the wheelchair/buggy bay has 3 seats meaning the row to the side has been removed, and there is only one seat at the very front making two less seats. Blush

I think the interior on the SRs are excellent, bright, comfortable and modern, however I'm still not convinced by that engine I'm afraid, sounds horrible and lacks power for me, Cummins all the wayas far as I'm concerned! I'm also skeptical about the capacity, could prove to be a bit small for some services!
Now knowing that they're only B35F as opposed to B37F, I find myself agreeing K853. Having said that, I'm yet to see one with a full load and standing which is positive in a sense I suppose. It may be a case of wait and see with regards capacity but that's now a 4 seat loss over the Cadets and some Darts. As for the engine, I've yet to have the chance at a proper run on one - I'd hoped one would be on Rainfords again today in order to get a run down the bypass but alas not. They're nippy for pulling away but you're now the second member to comment on power when pushed!

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)