Current time: 09/05/2024, 06:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(10/02/2017 15:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  2267 and i think 2272 was sold to UK Coachways of Horwich (Bolton)

Of course remember now, completely forgot. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/02/2017 14:16)T42 PVM Wrote:  Apparently they are getting Withdrawn next week, It is possible some might sell as Arriva did sell a couple of the darts

So if there being withdrawn next week the Decker's will go into service then because bus replacements need to come in
Phase 2 of the Rail Replacements start next week so the Hybrids wont be needed, well no where near as many

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Well i know birkenheads myllenniums get took off on the 28th February so as it states pulsar 2's will be transferred in from green lane on the same date.
(10/02/2017 14:16)T42 PVM Wrote:  Apparently they are getting Withdrawn next week, It is possible some might sell as Arriva did sell a couple of the darts

Oh not long left now then is it from the 13th they are going as if thats the case I probably wont go a B10BLE around here again if one isnt preserved Sad
(11/02/2017 12:03)darylyates17 Wrote:  Oh not long left now then is it from the 13th they are going as if thats the case I probably wont go a B10BLE around here again if one isnt preserved Sad

It all depends when enough of the new hybrids have entered service at Green Lane. 17 Pulsars and 4412 are due here from Green Lane so the Renowns will be around until those vehicles have been released for cascade to St Helens. It won't be very long though - the X and Y-reg stock have weeks left in service at the very most

Would be nice to see 2720 preserved though - that has to be the best Renown in the fleet in my view
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is St Helens generally safe for bus rides and photography? Planning on heading up sometime this week to get photos and videos onboard the Renowns, but don't want anything bad to happen... (I've only ever been once before and that was on a Sunday and I wasn't by myself)

Thanks in advance
(11/02/2017 16:39)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is St Helens generally safe for bus rides and photography? Planning on heading up sometime this week to get photos and videos onboard the Renowns, but don't want anything bad to happen... (I've only ever been once before and that was on a Sunday and I wasn't by myself)

Thanks in advance

It should be okay, particularly for riding around, but I wouldn't advise hanging around in the same place taking photos for more than a few minutes, just in case. You should generally be okay though.
(11/02/2017 16:39)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is St Helens generally safe for bus rides and photography? Planning on heading up sometime this week to get photos and videos onboard the Renowns, but don't want anything bad to happen... (I've only ever been once before and that was on a Sunday and I wasn't by myself)

Thanks in advance

More or less just echoing what Valandil has said but generally the town centre is just like any other found up and down the country and perfectly safe in daylight hours, and even after dark really. Just like any other town it has its share of "incidents" but I would be very surprised if you where targeted for taking photographs of buses as it will be clear to people what you are doing and that you mean no harm, especially if you are on Bickerstaffe street as its certainly not uncommon. I wouldn't necessarily recommend hanging around taking photos in areas outside of the town centre as it may seem odd to people but even then I doubt you would come to harm. As with anywhere just air on the side of caution and remain vigilant and if at any point you feel threated then take yourself out of the situation and move to somewhere with good natural surveillance.
(11/02/2017 15:41)Y474 KNF Wrote:  It all depends when enough of the new hybrids have entered service at Green Lane. 17 Pulsars and 4412 are due here from Green Lane so the Renowns will be around until those vehicles have been released for cascade to St Helens. It won't be very long though - the X and Y-reg stock have weeks left in service at the very most

Would be nice to see 2720 preserved though - that has to be the best Renown in the fleet in my view

Im sure 2710 (X956 DBT) (I Think its that one) has issues with the gearbox as it always appears to be its kicking down and revving very high in 1st gear when its not really being thrashed whereas as the other Voith ones are not doing that

User(s) browsing this thread: 88 Guest(s)