Current time: 07/05/2024, 02:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(06/09/2022 15:40)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I notice the 17's reliability has plummeted since the change. This afternoon seen two running within 2 minutes of each other towards the Town Centre at Marshalls Cross. Generally services have been at least 10-20 minutes late. Not surprising given no extra time has been given for the detour round Sutton Manor.

Personally think the 32 should have been extended instead

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/09/2022 16:22)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Personally think the 32 should have been extended instead

I said that in my response to the consultation. Only problem is, unless they add more buses onto the 32 timetable, on Mon - Fri, it doesn't have the time. Saturdays however would be achievable. Also noticed the 30 is still showing on Arriva's app, surely that is confusing for passengers and more so for occaisional/first time passengers.
(06/09/2022 16:57)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I said that in my response to the consultation. Only problem is, unless they add more buses onto the 32 timetable, on Mon - Fri, it doesn't have the time. Saturdays however would be achievable. Also noticed the 30 is still showing on Arriva's app, surely that is confusing for passengers and more so for occaisional/first time passengers.

That’s explains it then

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(06/09/2022 16:57)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Also noticed the 30 is still showing on Arriva's app, surely that is confusing for passengers and more so for occaisional/first time passengers.

Arriva’s new tendered services still don’t show up in the app either. Neither do they track.

Just seems like they haven’t even bothered to input the new changes at all.
(06/09/2022 18:55)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Arriva’s new tendered services still don’t show up in the app either. Neither do they track.

Just seems like they haven’t even bothered to input the new changes at all.
I mean.... This is Arriva we are talking about, are you actually surprised? Be thankful the app is actually online for once.

Can't wait for Arriva to be sold up. Too many lazy money leeches in Aintree HQ who have no clue what they are doing.
(06/09/2022 15:40)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I notice the 17's reliability has plummeted since the change. This afternoon seen two running within 2 minutes of each other towards the Town Centre at Marshalls Cross. Generally services have been at least 10-20 minutes late. Not surprising given no extra time has been given for the detour round Sutton Manor.

Are they using Solo SRs, or are larger vehicles perhaps getting stuck trying to go around the estates, making them get further behind time?

I agree with those who mentioned the 32 getting extended instead because that would be at the end of the route so not inconvenience any existing passengers on either route.
Stopping running cross-town and just having different services which interwork, or bolting different pairs of routes on opposite sides of town together would mean that the extra running time wouldn't cause such a problem.
Or is it even necessary to go around that loop so frequently anyway?
Valandil - they are using Solo SR's. Another issue I discovered today is that the service uses the same stop in Bickerstaffe Street going both ways cue confusion and plenty of questions as to which direction the bus is going given the fact that they are only minutes apart. Surely would have been better to have routed the Chain Lane bound journeys via the Bus Station, the same way the 30 used to go.
(07/09/2022 11:24)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Valandil - they are using Solo SR's. Another issue I discovered today is that the service uses the same stop in Bickerstaffe Street going both ways cue confusion and plenty of questions as to which direction the bus is going given the fact that they are only minutes apart. Surely would have been better to have routed the Chain Lane bound journeys via the Bus Station, the same way the 30 used to go.

That must be very frustrating for passengers who will inevitably get on in the wrong direction, especially if buses arrive in the wrong order due to late running, as well as being frustrating for drivers who can often get some flak for things like that.
Occasionally drivers may forget to change their dests at the end of the route or the dests might fail to change even after the driver puts it in correctly.
Many people also only quickly look at the service number before hopping on, especially those with poor eyesight who might struggle to read the destination etc.
The 17's appear to have settled down now. Most journeys I have witnessed today appear to be running near enough to time. Credit where it's due.
Absolute joke allocations today on the 17. Three out of the four vehicles ae 58 Plate Solo's. A far cry from last week when the odd Pulsar was appearing. What a way to treat what is quite a major inter urban route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)