Current time: 04/05/2024, 00:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(25/11/2017 11:58)RedPanda Wrote:  How long have we had the Geminis?

Theres 2 round the back being stored in the pool fleet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
How many of our Cadets are still in normal service mustn't be many most of the Pulsars from Green Lane already already turned up
(25/11/2017 21:09)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Theres 2 round the back being stored in the pool fleet.

Yes, I've already seen that. I mean how long have they been stored at St Helens?
Surely they should see service on schools.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/11/2017 21:47)RedPanda Wrote:  Yes, I've already seen that. I mean how long have they been stored at St Helens?
Surely they should see service on schools.

Why? St Helens don't need them as they have two DLPs (which have a higher capacity than the VLWs anyway)
(26/11/2017 21:57)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Why? St Helens don't need them as they have two DLPs (which have a higher capacity than the VLWs anyway)

The same reason that they should be elsewhere within the Arriva fleet if they're sat there doing nothing but losing value. I understand what the pool fleet is but if it's not needed, it's better used in Liverpool or Winsford. Or in another part of the country.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/11/2017 22:35)RedPanda Wrote:  The same reason that they should be elsewhere within the Arriva fleet if they're sat there doing nothing but losing value. I understand what the pool fleet is but if it's not needed, it's better used in Liverpool or Winsford. Or in another part of the country.

You can never predict when extra vehicles will be needed - hence why a number of buses have been retained in a pool fleet instead of being sold or transferred to another division. Apart from that all of the vehicles in the pool fleet (bar the Cadets which will be moving to a new depot) are 15 years or older so don't have a very high book value anyway

The pool buses are stored where there is space for them. Whatever depot a pool bus is stored at doesn't mean that it will only be used by that depot
3014 on 34 this morning.
(01/12/2017 19:01)jcksmnr Wrote:  3014 on 34 this morning.

Just 2902 still to come from Green Lane then Im guessing
2949 involved in an rta last night in hersfinch while on a 352.
(01/12/2017 19:51)darylyates17 Wrote:  Just 2902 still to come from Green Lane then Im guessing

Yes. It was out on the 7 today

User(s) browsing this thread: 47 Guest(s)