Current time: 03/05/2024, 09:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(23/11/2017 19:21)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I've been told that all Cadets are due to be withdrawn by January from St Helens. Makes me feel old to be told that "they're going because they're too old" on 54 plates!!

I thought they still had a couple of years left in service but their withdrawal means only 3 classic bodied Wrights will be left in St Helens (2580,2720,2730) but the 2 B10s 2720 & 2730 will be probably withdrawn soon with the Commander 2580 going to Birkenhead (if it’s still the plan)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/11/2017 19:44)darylyates17 Wrote:  I thought they still had a couple of years left in service but their withdrawal means only 3 classic bodied Wrights will be left in St Helens (2580,2720,2730) but the 2 B10s 2720 & 2730 will be probably withdrawn soon with the Commander 2580 going to Birkenhead (if it’s still the plan)

Don't think they'll be completely withdrawn just sent elsewhere.
(23/11/2017 21:07)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Don't think they'll be completely withdrawn just sent elsewhere.

Correct
(23/11/2017 19:21)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I've been told that all Cadets are due to be withdrawn by January from St Helens. Makes me feel old to be told that "they're going because they're too old" on 54 plates!!

Yes, I will miss having them on my local route (37), although they seemed a bit prone to failure on those rare occasions that we got a hot summer day.

I quite like Pulsars, but the shorter Cadets are a better length for some routes with narrow roads and "idiot car parkers". (Short Solos can navigate the roads even better - but have too low passenger capacities.)
During the summer express motors in north wales had their licence revoked for poor maintenance & possibly cooking the books if i remember tv report, it was going to be revoked on jan 1st 2018 if no improvement were made, im not to sure what situation now that they are in but a friend of mine at bangor depot said that they were preparing to step in on some routes like when padarn went under so i think having quite a large pool of vehicles is a good idea, if express did go then its not as big a hole as when gha went under it leaves a big gap in bus services in that area, where i live stagecoach mainly benefited from gha, if express did go then realistically there is only arriva that are big enough to help
(25/11/2017 04:49)mtl97 Wrote:  During the summer express motors in north wales had their licence revoked for poor maintenance & possibly cooking the books if i remember tv report, it was going to be revoked on jan 1st 2018 if no improvement were made, im not to sure what situation now that they are in but a friend of mine at bangor depot said that they were preparing to step in on some routes like when padarn went under so i think having quite a large pool of vehicles is a good idea, if express did go then its not as big a hole as when gha went under it leaves a big gap in bus services in that area, where i live stagecoach mainly benefited from gha, if express did go then realistically there is only arriva that are big enough to help
Very interesting but in the wrong thread.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Think the point being made was as to where the Cadets might go.
You have the cadets, 2 gemini 1's in the pool at st helens.
2962 now here and on the 320s.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(25/11/2017 10:14)motormayhem1 Wrote:  You have the cadets, 2 gemini 1's in the pool at st helens.

How long have we had the Geminis?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 57 Guest(s)