Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
St Helens had Enviro400 4600 out on 89s yesterday not sure whether this is usual these days, it was on 15:32 journey from St Helens.

The journey before it was the usual Pulsar but it came in late and left a bit later due to change over driver and 4600 managed to catch up with it at Hough Green Station so from there to the Airport there were 2 89s together, what got me is that when we got to John Lennon Airport both pulled into Layover instead of Pulsar going straight out then Pulsar pulled onto stand and about a minute after the Enviro400 pulled alongside and the driver had a word with the Pulsar driver (not sure what was said though) and both left within mutues of each other.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/11/2016 06:17)M60lad Wrote:  St Helens had Enviro400 4600 out on 89s yesterday not sure whether this is usual these days, it was on 15:32 journey from St Helens.

The journey before it was the usual Pulsar but it came in late and left a bit later due to change over driver and 4600 managed to catch up with it at Hough Green Station so from there to the Airport there were 2 89s together, what got me is that when we got to John Lennon Airport both pulled into Layover instead of Pulsar going straight out then Pulsar pulled onto stand and about a minute after the Enviro400 pulled alongside and the driver had a word with the Pulsar driver (not sure what was said though) and both left within mutues of each other.

I would definitely regard an Enviro 400 on the 89 as unusual -- good spot!
(05/11/2016 07:03)Valandil Wrote:  I would definitely regard an Enviro 400 on the 89 as unusual -- good spot!

I took over it and kept it out on a late as i done the last 89 to huyton bus station at 23:20 from st helens as there a lot more comfortable and rattles less than the pulsars on there.
I think you mean Huyton station - not Hough Green. If it went via Hough Green, it's not surprising it was running late.
Sorry my mistake I did actually mean Hunts Cross, I was wondering while I was on Enviro400 why we were so quiet as we weren't picking that many passengers up all the way round then the answer materilised.

Dont blame you for keeping the Enviro400 out Motormayhem very rare to have one out on 89s and even rarer to have one out on a late oh and didnt you have company as well?
Enviro400s are not rare on the 89 on a Sunday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Yesterday was a Saturday and on a Saturday it is unusual

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2705 is on the 10A, 2720 is on the 10 with Pulsar CX58 EWB yet 4414 is on the 89...

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2707 made at least one trip to Wigan today (8 Nov.) on the 352 - possibly replacing the (unidentified) Pulsar seen broken down in Pemberton this morning.
A B10 has just left Liverpool One on the 10A

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)