Current time: 27/04/2024, 00:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
The 19.35 10A from St Helens left at 19.48 last night, 2 minutes in front of the Stagecoach 10A, therefore taking all the passengers. Now as far as im aware, there was no need for that as the bus was sat in the layover bay for 25 minutes so it wasnt like it had come in late. Ive noticed this a lot recently. During the day they are 6 minutes apart, but Arriva leave 4/5 minutes late. Stagecoach have tackled this problem during the day by telling their driver to get on the stand 5 minutes before the departure time, but obviously this cant be done of a night as Stagecoach have their breaks up in St Helens. There seems to be a little war going on on the 10As.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well stagecoach are not combating it much as they are allowing there drivers to run early and late without any consequences as ive left on time from liverpool 1 and had a stagecoach 10A in front of me and by the time im leaving james st the next stagecoach was behind me and stayed behind me all the way to st helens and i was on time all the way through.
So its unfair to say only arriva are doing when i see it everyday by driving the route as some drivers on either company help each other out but some just take the mickey and sit behind you all the way.
There's no war going on at all, when we supposedly 'share' the revenue.
Plus, the driver on the 1935 10A, only starts his break at 1840 at Jacko, and reports back on at 1916, allowing 10 minutes travelling time to the bus station, taking over at 1926, for a 1935 departure. If he's come in late off his first half, he could have been on extended relief, thus meaning going out late, rather than drop the service. I really don't think you'll find anything malicious going on ;-)

TT
If hes come in off his first part late then fair enough, but he should of been under the insruction to run light and pick up on time somewhere down the route as the law states 5 minutes late and 1 minute early. You must know how tight them 10As are of a night, there is no chance you're making 13 minutes up, more chance of losing another 5 minutes. As for drivers running early, it flags up on the computers in the garage and the drivers are pulled in and 9 times out of 10 sacked, so the majority wont even consider it. I know what you mean about the bone idle ones, thats what i dont like about the Quality Partnerships because you get drivers like that on every road for both companies.
There is a bit of lee way given to the 5 minutes late im led to believe plus they get given a 10 min drop back in liverpool as there are times when you get to prescot or bluebell there's something in front of you which as cleared the bus stops and can give you a clear run in which you can pick your time up which I've done in the past as I've left st helens 10 mins late and pulled back my time by pagemoss without speeding or even trying.
You'll never get sent OOS on a late board, you'll always make your time up over the course of the night. A bus running late is more beneficial to the public than one running OOS. And as for running early, in 28 years, i've never known one driver to be sacked for running early.

TT
St.Helns has got a lot of X reg busses that will be due for retirement soon. Do we know what will be replacing them.
(10/08/2015 14:27)chris-s Wrote:  St.Helns has got a lot of X reg busses that will be due for retirement soon. Do we know what will be replacing them.

According to my fleetlist there's 11 X-reg buses at St Helens due for replacement this year. The X-reg Renowns are staying longer so they'll probably be replaced next year. The Darts and DAF Cadets are being replaced by 2704/8 from Bootle and the five remaining Commanders at Green Lane. I'm not sure what else (if anything) is due to move to St Helens as well as those
Well from what ive heard is new buses are due but next year.
(10/08/2015 15:53)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Well from what ive heard is new buses are due but next year.

I'm sure I read a post on the Arriva Facebook page within the last few months that St Helens are due more double deckers next year when the Renowns are withdrawn. I'd certainly be interested to see how many and what route(s) they are deployed on if St Helens do indeed receive more double deckers

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)