Current time: 26/04/2024, 16:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
There were a few with no cushions or very little in the early days, however the first ones I ever came across were those on 6124, some with no cushion, that was certainly posteria bruising. However, remember the one's placed as back seat replacements on Atlanteans, now they had to be the worst.

With todays, well the one's that have been P&P'd are not too bad, but the well worn ones like 2216 for example are awful, although for particular one the bus and seats go together as awful bus and awful seats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
1055 would definitely have been pure luxury compared to 1068.
I used to like 1068 just for the fact it was different with those seats!
Nothing to do today an whilst I had a Arriva weekly ticket decided to go for a ride.
I took the 352 to Orrell then jumped on the 395 to Southport, it was an ALX400 which carried nothing but hot air all the way to Southport.
After an hour in Southport caught the 67 (a pulsar2) to Bootle, wasn't a bad load.
From Bootle I caught Enviro400 4429 to Old Swan, for a service operating in the peak I'd say the were around a dozen people on it.
So I wait at Old Swan a Stagecoach 10A arrives with a full load, an Arriva 10A arrives, not as full as the Stagecoach but still very busy.
I caught the 10, and upon leaving Old Swan had 2 people stood up.
I know it's difficult to compare, what with times of day etc, but it says a lot to me.
QBP routes have one desired effect and one undesired effect.

Firstly you get some settled timetabling which to be honest is a good thing , but secondly you also get the effect of losing a certain amount of journeys which acted as the overflow buses for some of the more busier routes , leading up to buses journeys like you had at the end of your journey turbo777.
Seen 2452 in St Helens displaying 10 London Road. It was around 1450 this afternoon. Remarkable in the fact of the vehicle/route and how quickly the London Road destination has been programmed in.
Its forvtommorow as they will be terminating at london rd due to the giants event.
You do wonder what else out of the ordinary is programmed on those LED's that may be individual to each depot.
(24/07/2014 16:24)wirralbus Wrote:  You do wonder what else out of the ordinary is programmed on those LED's that may be individual to each depot.

You'd be surprised! "Happy Retirement" and "Merry Christmas" are amongst the published Green Lane ones that have remained to be unseen on the road.

Before recent re-programming Speke used to have quite a few special ones in the 300/600 series
I saw a Pulsar with "Happy Retirement" as you mention there heading down Green Lane towards West Derby Road a few weeks ago. Speke also have "Justice for the 96" on theirs as I have seen that displayed on a Gemini.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)