Current time: 06/05/2024, 20:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
St helens are short from what ive heard and seen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The depot is not short of vehicles, just suffering from a high rate of defects thro the day causing buses to be substituted at short notice. The hot weather we have had, has also caused many breakdowns due to overheating. Happens every year sadly.

Some gentle TLC given to the fleet and all will be well again..... (one hopes, but i see a pig flying in the sky already)
676 and 677 where on the 10A yesterday, 676 got swapped onto the 35A at around 17:00. 4206 made it onto the 620 yesterday replacing 2259.
It just gets worse for the 10/10A, two solo's for that route is just unacceptable.
(22/05/2014 10:08)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It just gets worse for the 10/10A, two solo's for that route is just unacceptable.

Personally I don't see how? at the end of the day a low floor 28 seater bus is better than none at all. CMT/GTL used to stick anything on their from leyland lynx's to 28 seater capitals and metroriders.
Yeah I get your point , but this is a supposed to be a flagship partnership route , a 28 seater bus can be so full at point of departure that the service is next to useless for passengers trying board enroute.
(22/05/2014 12:00)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Personally I don't see how? at the end of the day a low floor 28 seater bus is better than none at all. CMT/GTL used to stick anything on their from leyland lynx's to 28 seater capitals and metroriders.

This is not CMT/GTL days so that point really is irrevelant, I do get that a solo is better than no bus at all, but this is a busy route and with people thinking these routes need deckers a solo's are a step in the wrong direction. If you used this route you would see why the solo's are unacceptable as it is always busy, don't forget as well that it is not just seating but standing room on a solo is quite minimal.
(22/05/2014 08:21)tinytears87 Wrote:  The depot is not short of vehicles, just suffering from a high rate of defects thro the day causing buses to be substituted at short notice. The hot weather we have had, has also caused many breakdowns due to overheating. Happens every year sadly.

Some gentle TLC given to the fleet and all will be well again..... (one hopes, but i see a pig flying in the sky already)

What dosen't help is the fact that some of the Darts haven't been in good condition since they arrived here - the phrase complete sheds springs to mind with some of them.
As regards Solo's, St Helens shouldn't have any. It's not as if there is any low capacity contract they ciuld be used on as Arriva lost all the contracts here a few years ago. All routes in the town have very busy spells in the day (granted as well as the qyiet spells).
A while back when the Solo's arrived at St Helens what was the reasoning for them if as you say there really isn't any work for that size or capacity of vehicle .

Its like the upper Arriva hierarchy said that we only have Solo's available do you want them or not and Arriva at St Helens said yes please at the time without really thinking it through long and hard.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)