Current time: 04/05/2024, 20:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Thanks for that!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/01/2013 19:29)anw2015 Wrote:  Is 7620 in service here? Only I've not seen it yet! 7623 is still, on the 20 today.

On the talk of marshalls, 7634 was on the 329 and actually stayed out all day!! There has been 4 other marshalls on there over the past 3 days and none of them have lasted the day. Just seems strange that marshalls always get replaced when they are on there!

And I passed an unidentified Marshall on the 320 this afternoon (possibly the 14:40 to Ashton), whilst 2701 was on the 37 (15:20 from St. Helens)
Could well have been the marshall on the 329 this morning. 2494 replaced the marshall on the 329 if that helps! I think 2701 has been on there since the start of this morning!

Quote:And I passed an unidentified Marshall on the 320 this afternoon (possibly the 14:40 to Ashton), whilst 2701 was on the 37 (15:20 from St. Helens)

7640 sadly, this one stands out as its the only old livery marshall dart here

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I noticed before breaking up for Christmas that one of the previously Dart operated duties on the 37/38 was seeing a, pretty much, daily allocation of a Renown with the other daytime board seeing Cadets and Darts and the late board still retaining a Cadet. Even if a bit of a waste of capacity, a pleasant change anyway!

On the Solo issue, I completely agree that the shorter examples are totally unsuitable for anything other than the 35/A and 312. In fact, their introduction to the garage for a specific set of routes (37/38/356), based upon patronage recorded during a period when usage is reduced yearly anyway, was an absolute farce - they should never have been allocated here. With the SRs however, I think we have just enough of those to operate the specified local services (32/A, 33 & 35/A) though agree that anymore would be pretty detrimental in encouraging their allocation elsewhere. It certainly seems to me that the only real issues with the SRs come about when they're allocated away from the local routes. Obviously in the case of a breakdown that's unavoidable but when it's from the beginning of the day, it's a poor show. As I said earlier, I think the necessity for smaller, more manoeuvrable vehicles for St Helens was exaggerated besides which, the idea of the SRs being more manoeuvrable is simply not the case due to their wheelbase.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
According to what i got told when tje 6** series solos first come was to benifiy the tenderd routes but by the time they arrived we had lost all tenders apart from the 156 lates as well as for the 37/38/356 as stated but seen as though we git the solo sr i think they should allocate suitabally or swap them with another depot fot a bit more normal size buses but thats my opinion anyway.
Ive got 2729 on me late 10A,dont mind a change once and a while and be suprised when we get these buses from bolton as 2 arrivals i didnt expect have come.
Not telling us then! haha
Well it may of ended up being 1 decent arrival and that being 2628 a commander and others are darts but im going to check when i finish as 3have arrived tonight by the looks of things.
At last! Some full sized vehicles for Jackson Street. Hopefully some more Comanders or DAF's are on their way with a bit of luck.

User(s) browsing this thread: 79 Guest(s)