Current time: 04/05/2024, 22:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
It was mentioned when I was at Speke last week that management wanted it back on the road ue to it being P&Pd not too long ago.

RIP 96 - YNWA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2321 is another that was P&P'd bt is probably still residing in Spekes depot where is was last seen, wonder if this will be another to make a comeback.
If 2321 does make a return I wouldn't be surprised if that makes it's way to St Helens as well to replace another un-refurbished example.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
As K853 said the disposals manager for arriva nw went mad when he saw the p&p examples withdrawn so wouldnt be suprised if more appear
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I was gettin told that st helens are suppose to be due some more new buses this year but never said what and how many.
So i will have to keep my ears open.
It wouldn't surprise me! It has been noted elsewhere that Arriva as a whole in the UK have ordered a significant number of Optare Versas. Personally I'd say it would be a good idea to send at least 10 to St Helens to replace 10 Renowns to in turn send to Green Lsne as Dart replacements, we all know the extra capacity is needed on city routes!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Taking the Renowns away would equally remove necessary full size vehicles from St Helens routes which require the capacity. Namely the likes of the 89s and 34/As which both benefit from the Renowns. Something like Versas wouldn't be suitable replacements on these services. If you were to replace the Renowns, it would have to be with equally sized vehicles (i.e. Pulsars). I do agree though in that, if there's been a large Versa order, I wouldn't find it surprising to see any allocated to the NW to end up with St Helens with the current presence of the SRs. Further SRs though, would be disastrous; there are a sufficient number now to cover the routes they are suitable for and anything further needs to have the capacity of the Cadets at the least or, preferably, of full size vehicles.

If new vehicles are coming, I can only see them being intended to see off some of the older Darts, personally, and not in order to displace non-life expired vehicles such as the Renowns which have required capacity already regardless of wherever else may need it.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I think that would be a great idea as the b10ble are rather a bit big now for the routes round st helens but are more suited to bigger routes as in st helens there really only suited for the likes of the 34/89/352/395 but would be better allocated to green lane where they would get much more use out of the seating capacity.
And i understand where u coming from CX54 DKD.
I think a mixture of pulsars and versas/tempo sr would be great fot st helens as would bring the age of the fleet to much younger.
Optare have released a new Versa 11.7m with a capacity of 44 seats. Same seating as a Renown and probably about the same standing capacity as well. Replacing Darts with them is a step up in capacity perhaps where it is not needed, although I cant really say much more on that as I dont see what Darts and such like operate and if they are suitable.
All of the above is theoretical of course, and should smaller length Versas be on order, they would be perfect Dart replacements for somewhere like St Helens.

RIP 96 - YNWA

User(s) browsing this thread: 89 Guest(s)