Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Not seen them out in use for a while but 33871 was parked up in Ashton bus station today I suspect about to work a 346 to Hyde.
What's the plan with the final 2/3?? Are they to stay in service for the forseable or is thier withdrawal soon on the cards?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I saw one of the Ex Bluebird vehicles on the 347 yesterday it could have been the same bus.
(03/08/2016 21:31)Redmikey Wrote:  I saw one of the Ex Bluebird vehicles on the 347 yesterday it could have been the same bus.

I think there's still 3 at AZ although im sure I got told only 2 were in use. They do tend to see use on 346/347. I personally think they look ok although I'm told the ride quality is god arful.
Looking at the Period 3 movements, it appears that 19261-5 have moved from Ashton to Hyde, and 19346-52 have moved in the opposite direction.

Does anyone know the logic of such a move - is it to group similar vehicles together?
19261-5 have gone into MagicBus colours, as the oldest Enviro400s staying with Manchester.
(04/08/2016 10:14)mbonwick Wrote:  19261-5 have gone into MagicBus colours, as the oldest Enviro400s staying with Manchester.

Are these 5 Enviro400's the last the converts to Magic or can we expect further in the near future?
I'm sure I read somewhere that the magic bus 'upgrade' would be completed by early September ready for students returning to university.
(04/08/2016 19:13)Dentonian Wrote:  Slight exaggeration; 1934*9*-52 have moved to AZ. 19348 remains at HE, and 19346/7 are ST buses. At least 19266 is now in the Magic fleet, and I think there are a few more to transfer, now that the re-engined Tridents are being wihdrawn after all.

Why has the decision been made to withdraw the re-engined Tridents that originated from Gillmoss? It only seems like yesterday that they arrived and were quicky painted into magic Blue and were pressed out into service.
No doubt the dateless registrations will be retained by Stagecoach and not sold on with the vehiches.
(04/08/2016 19:13)Dentonian Wrote:  Slight exaggeration; 1934*9*-52 have moved to AZ. 19348 remains at HE, and 19346/7 are ST buses. At least 19266 is now in the Magic fleet, and I think there are a few more to transfer, now that the re-engined Tridents are being wihdrawn after all.

You are dead right, it was finger trouble on my part. It was 19231/2/4/5 reported as going to Hyde Road, and 19349-52 going the other way.
(04/08/2016 21:58)Mayneway Wrote:  [re-engined Tridents]
No doubt the dateless registrations will be retained by Stagecoach and not sold on with the vehiches.

Assuming we're talking about the V-MEV and X-NNO here (since I'm not familiar with which Tridents have been re-engined), most of them relinquished their registrations some time ago and reverted to the originals. Five of the plates are now on Gold Solos at Chester. I'm not sure what's become of VRR 447, but last I was aware only DAZ 1566, KLZ 2316 and NXI 327 were still on Tridents.

NXI 327 is showing on DVLA as untaxed with a due date of 2nd August (Tuesday this week), suggesting that it probably has been sold on with the vehicle. The other two may well go the same way - their value will not be much, owing to the ready and cheap supply of nondescript 4-digit Northern Irish marks (though DAZ may be worth slightly more than KLZ because of its pronounceability).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
VRR 447 has been removed from 17201, which is back to V201MEV awaiting disposal.

I would hope that the VRR plate is retained as it goes back a fair way in Stagecoach ownership

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)