Current time: 03/05/2024, 22:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
The first MMC to come through to HE...

[Image: 2504834_orig.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/01/2016 16:15)Dentonian Wrote:  Any particular reason for suspecting it will be on Hyde Road corridor services? Are they any different mechanically to the Sharston batch, and as such need to be kept an eye on by Engineers?

Probably because they are new buses really and as such the Hyde Road corridor services are likely to see them first.
(27/01/2016 16:15)Dentonian Wrote:  Any particular reason for suspecting it will be on Hyde Road corridor services? Are they any different mechanically to the Sharston batch, and as such need to be kept an eye on by Engineers?

I'm only quoting what was posted on the Stagecoach enthusiasts Facebook page. Somebody asked if tgere we're destined for any particular services and the reply was 'mainly Hyde road corridor'.
Unless you know differently obviously Dentonian??
Im led to believe that at leat 3 or maybe 4 of these new MMCs have now turned up at HE
17612 was on the 101 on Tuesday so must have moved to Sharston
(28/01/2016 21:42)Dentonian Wrote:  Apologies! However, I'm not sure "Twitface" groups are necessarily reliable. I don't "know" any different, but it wouldn't have made much sense from a marketing point of view before, and makes even less sense given the latest pressure from Champagne Environmentalists to implement a London-style "Low Emission Zone". My information is that at least Stagecoach and First had already agreed to a voluntary LEZ - hence Enviro400s and re-engined Tridents joining the Magic fleet - based broadly on the implementation of the Leigh Guided Busway and the associated corridor improvements on Rochdale Road. Because of the various stretches of road affected this would leave Hyde Road corridor (along with 168/9 and supposedly hybrid route 219) as the only HE depot services NOT subject to any voluntary or enforced ban on "non compliant" buses.

As far as I'm aware the comments on 'twitface' as you call it have from someone who works within Stagecoach so I would assume the imformaton is quite accurate, having said that looking how often the other branded Hyde road deckers get miss allocated in pretty sure that these MMC's will see use on most HE services.

It's actually quite amusing the given the amount of disruption the 201 has seen in recent years due to vandalism at the Hattersley end these brand spanking new deckers will appear quite regularly up there but I suppose to management a broken window is a broken window whether on a 65 plate Enviro or a T Reg Trident Smile
With credit to the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook page Hyde Road's 19328 has been repainted in a special Chinese New Year livery. I have to say it looks extremely smart
It's not quite finished yet, a few more vinyls to go but yes, when finished it should look very smart.
(29/01/2016 13:12)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  With credit to the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook page Hyde Road's 19328 has been repainted in a special Chinese New Year livery. I have to say it looks extremely smart

I was about to ask if anyone knew anything about this bus. A photo has been uploaded to Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/24596748171/
(28/01/2016 23:14)Mayneway Wrote:  As far as I'm aware the comments on 'twitface' as you call it have from someone who works within Stagecoach so I would assume the imformaton is quite accurate, having said that looking how often the other branded Hyde road deckers get miss allocated in pretty sure that these MMC's will see use on most HE services.

It's actually quite amusing the given the amount of disruption the 201 has seen in recent years due to vandalism at the Hattersley end these brand spanking new deckers will appear quite regularly up there but I suppose to management a broken window is a broken window whether on a 65 plate Enviro or a T Reg Trident Smile

''Misallocated?'' In your opinion.
In mine,all customers [on whatever route]should be entitled to travel on their fair share of the better buses

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)