Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that Trident 17002 is currently allocated to Middleton Depot and has been seen a few times this week operating 112/114 services
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
didn't see anything lower than a 172** st the depot today or on the 112/4 etc

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Sorry if I've missed this but does anybody know when the Enviro400s for Hyde Road are being delivered?

Cheers
17038 has been on the X57 throughout today. A number of passengers who were on it as the same time as me around lunchtime,remarked that it looked and sounded like a tank. Sounded ok to me-there was one minor problem however-the bell/buzzer was not working and the bus stopping light was permanently on. As a result,if passengers got up to get off as the bus was nearing the bus stop,the driver did not[on a few occasions] see them until he was past it.
Some significant changes listed on the TfGM website, scheduled for the end of the month:

The 38 is to be re-routed in Farnworth (possibly to run as a one-way circular around the town?), while the 374 will be shortened to run between Hazel Grove station and Stockport with the Hazel Grove-Stepping Hill section replaced by a new 373 service. Also, the 329 will be reduced from every 20 mins to every 30 mins.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
(06/08/2015 20:21)Dentonian Wrote:  No, you've not missed anything. I don't think Stagecoach reveal their delivery schedule much in advance, but from what few rumours I've heard it looks like next (calender) year, rather than this.

Thanks Dentonian. I was planning to take a trip to Manchester so I could get a few trips on them when they enter traffic - but considering it's likely to be next year it gives me more time to sample a few more of Hyde Road depot's Tridents before they are presumably replaced when the MMCs arrive. I've only had the chance to travel on one so far (17614) which was excellent
(24/07/2015 14:17)Dentonian Wrote:  Don't forget to look out for more moves this weekend, not least due to GBF contract gains from First. Logically, the existing Versas on 380/1 (386 is withdrawn) will transfer from First Dukinfield, but their identity (including fleet numbers will need confirming). The 173 is also due to become hybrid ops, so 2 (maybe 3) other hybrids should transfer to Middleton from other contracts lost (or reverting to diesel) in North Manchester/Bury

One TfGM owned Solo already transferred over is YJ61JEO which is numbered 48803, ex First 59013.
17002 is currently parked up at Hyde rd awaiting some sort of attention along with 16949, and 17670, also 17331 and 17325 are transferred from Merseyside and are in the Paintshop serving Magic tridents not including dual door variants are 17616, 618, 619, 620 and 621 on loan from Sharston 17641, 645, 657, 664, 665, 667 and 671 in exchange for a short similar amount of the dual door magics which are being used on the Cornbrook to Piccadilly metrolink replacement shuttle
(06/08/2015 21:05)Dentonian Wrote:  As you probably know, 17614 is now a Midlands bus, but even during the school hols, a fair number of Magic Tridents are still running, alongside the "white" examples. There was the reference to 17038 on the X57 earlier, and I caught 18111 to work (203) last Friday. I think they are mainly peak hour and changeover buses at the moment, but I suspect a reasonable proportion of 168/169s are still Tridents. I'm guessing the MMCs will see off the remaining S/T/V/W reg examples, but X-reg and newer could still have a couple of years useful life left in them.

Don't forget also, that Wigan are due 9 MMCs and whilst again these aren't expected imminently, they do follow on numerically from the ones just delivered to Oxford.

Yeah I'd heard it (and others) had moved on but I wasn't sure were it had gone to. It's really good to see that the Magic Bus Tridents are still being used in traffic as I've heard quite a few positive comments about them. It'll probably be next month at the earliest I manage to get to Manchester due to other plans - but even so at least I know they'll still be there by then. I was thinking that as well - but even if all of Hyde Road's Tridents are replaced/displaced by the new deckers - there's still another six buses to replace as if I remember correctly Hyde Road are due 31 MMCs (unless this has changed)

Thanks for that. I may well take a trip up to Wigan at some point once they've entered traffic - could be an opportunity to sample some of their MAN Alexander ALX300s at the same time as I really like the examples that Stagecoach Sheffield have at the moment
(06/08/2015 21:05)andyh Wrote:  17002 is currently parked up at Hyde rd awaiting some sort of attention along with 16949, and 17670, also 17331 and 17325 are transferred from Merseyside and are in the Paintshop serving Magic tridents not including dual door variants are 17616, 618, 619, 620 and 621 on loan from Sharston 17641, 645, 657, 664, 665, 667 and 671 in exchange for a short similar amount of the dual door magics which are being used on the Cornbrook to Piccadilly metrolink replacement shuttle

17325/31 replaced by former Gloucester 18440/1 at Gillmoss presumably....I'm assuming most of the 171/172** at Gillmoss are Manchester bound as I believe at least 7 are expected from Gloucester for Liverpool.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)