Current time: 15/05/2024, 18:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
VOSA Wrote:14. PC0003681/347 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS Registration Accepted by SN Starting Point: Withington Finish Point: Cheadle Via: Service Number: 194 Service Type: Normal Stopping Effective Date: 07-APR-2013 Other Details: Service introduced.

15. PC0003681/348 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS Registration Accepted by SN Starting Point: Rochdale Finish Point: Healey Corner Via: Service Number: 446 Service Type: Normal Stopping Effective Date: 07-APR-2013 Other Details: Service introduced.

194 is two journeys a day, taken from MCT
446 is a tendered route in rochdalr taken from Rossendale, no doubt running out of ex-Bluebird depot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'll need to check if the 196 is included with the 194 as VOSA only puts the first service number on the registration and the two have previously gone hand in hand.
Well the two are on one timetable, may be one contract, but taking VOSA to the letter seems just 2 trips a day
Interesting that Stagecoach are already utilising their Middleton depot to operate tendered routes in Rochdale. (or did Bluebird enter the tender before Stagecoach came on the scene?).

Middleton isn't too far from Bury/Rochdale/Oldham so it will be interesting to see if Stagecoach successfully take contracts from First/Rossendalebus. Bluebird don't have many services round those areas, they had the 154 for a few years, but it will be fascinating to see if Stagecoach actively targets these areas.
(09/03/2013 17:22)Polo Mint Wrote:  Interesting that Stagecoach are already utilising their Middleton depot to operate tendered routes in Rochdale. (or did Bluebird enter the tender before Stagecoach came on the scene?).

Middleton isn't too far from Bury/Rochdale/Oldham so it will be interesting to see if Stagecoach successfully take contracts from First/Rossendalebus. Bluebird don't have many services round those areas, they had the 154 for a few years, but it will be fascinating to see if Stagecoach actively targets these areas.

Its not a definate that it is running from Middleton depot. Unless Nicholas can comfirm, we will have to wait and see once Stagecoach take over the 446.

IF it is run from Middleton could we see the 183 in Oldham transfer from AZ to MN?
the 183 would make sense to run from mid tbh...
(09/03/2013 20:54)jimbo Wrote:  the 183 would make sense to run from mid tbh...

I agree with that. At the moment it's running dead from AZ depot all the way up to Limeside, and the same going back.
(09/03/2013 21:05)ace Wrote:  
(09/03/2013 20:54)jimbo Wrote:  the 183 would make sense to run from mid tbh...

I agree with that. At the moment it's running dead from AZ depot all the way up to Limeside, and the same going back.

Don't forget the two trips to Oldham and back to Ashton for driver change overs Blush
Yeah, wouldn't suprise me if Stagecoach start moving more and more into Oldham, even commercial routes, they have lost a tendered route up to Oldham, but well they have the 76 and the 183 atm, I recon a route from Asthon to Middleton via Oldham would be a nice route, I know the 419 does this but I mean a commercial route, taking the same route as a 409 then a 58...

Infact there used to be a service in Oldham running from Ashton to Sholver, would be nice to see this coming back... so 409>83
The latest E400H I have seen so far is 12204. This suggests that just over 1/2 the route 192 batch are in service. Regarding route 84, I have read that when MCT take over the Mon-Sat eve service from Arriva, the rest of the service will operate from Stagecoach. Does this mean Stagecoach will be taking over the Sunday service on route 84 from Arriva?

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)