Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Got told today that stagecoach had bids turned down by both SLT and JIM STONES due to the offers being to low.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/01/2013 18:23)Polo Mint Wrote:  So from 27th Jan all 192 journeys will be operating with the Enviro400 hybrids?

Why don't Stagecoach phase them into service rather than leaving them parked up until they all arrive? Marketing reasons?

I assume they will be painted in the green version of the livery.

17 of the 40 will be in service on 27th Jan, so not all journeys will have them at first. They will be phased in from this time.
Nothing to do with marketing, it's to coincide with the route changes taking place.
The new buses are 192 branded and are indeed in the green livery.
(14/01/2013 19:11)motormayhem Wrote:  Got told today that stagecoach had bids turned down by both SLT and JIM STONES due to the offers being to low.

Motormayhem
Can you explain - bids for what?
To buy them both out,it would be good buisness for stagecoach but surely this would of turned the eyes of the OFT towards them.
Does anybody know how long the roadworks in Ladybridge Rd/Councillor Lane/Adswood Rd/Birdhall Lane will go on for? The 313 was an absolute nightmare today because of them.It was even suggested by some passengers on one bus I was on that less buses were running on the route than normal because of the long delays involved.
(14/01/2013 20:16)motormayhem Wrote:  To buy them both out,it would be good buisness for stagecoach but surely this would of turned the eyes of the OFT towards them.

If they had bought SLT they definitely would have had the OFT breathing down their necks, although possibly not so much in the case of Jim Stones.
agreed as you still got arriva and first in leigh along with network warrington

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Depends when the bids for SLT went in. If it was before they bought the Wigan depot then surely it's still the same competition in Leigh, Wigan and Bolton as it is just one company purchased by another. So like Jim Stones you have First & Arriva, A Independent and Stagecoach in both Bolton, Leigh & Wigan.
(14/01/2013 21:16)gilbert Wrote:  Does anybody know how long the roadworks in Ladybridge Rd/Councillor Lane/Adswood Rd/Birdhall Lane will go on for? The 313 was an absolute nightmare today because of them.It was even suggested by some passengers on one bus I was on that less buses were running on the route than normal because of the long delays involved.

According to the Council website they are hoping to complete them by 28th January, weather permitting.
It might have seen that there were less buses on 313 route due to roadworks but really this wouldn't have been the case, it was probably that depending how bad the traffic was Buses would have been late getting to the terminus points and therefor were running out of service to get them back on time.

I know for one that there's always a Stagecoach Inspector monitoring services in Stockport Bus Station so he/she would have had a say of what the drivers would have to do if they were running late

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)