Current time: 05/05/2024, 06:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Stagecoach have lost quite a few daytime tenders, most notably to MCT, recently. I wonder whether they merely submitted more expensive (thus losing) bids or lost interest in such tenders that require extra vehicles? In the late 80s West Midlands Travel shunned daytime tenders but remained interested in evening & Sunday tenders. Maybe Stagecoach Manchester are moving towards a similar policy?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/11/2018 05:52)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Stagecoach have lost quite a few daytime tenders, most notably to MCT, recently. I wonder whether they merely submitted more expensive (thus losing) bids or lost interest in such tenders that require extra vehicles? In the late 80s West Midlands Travel shunned daytime tenders but remained interested in evening & Sunday tenders. Maybe Stagecoach Manchester are moving towards a similar policy?

No extra vehicles required as the tenders involved service and PVR cuts. Besides, most are run with TFGM hybrid s which transfer to MCT with the contract s
Has 19515 transferred from Sharston to Hyde Rd as it was on the 42B this afternoon?
(02/11/2018 21:40)Brickmill Wrote:  Aaargh! Now, I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with you! This has to stop. But seriously, I recently calculated I have been entitled to vote at around 50 Elections (including two referenda) and I have been canvassed just ONCE.

Not often we agree Smile
(05/11/2018 17:55)gilbert Wrote:  Has 19515 transferred from Sharston to Hyde Rd as it was on the 42B this afternoon?

19514 same applies? 42B lunchtime.

And 19474[Hyde Rd] on 378 [Stockport] just after lunch today.
Hyde road has a (Man Enviro400) from stockport seen on the 256 to flixton
(07/11/2018 18:14)gilbert Wrote:  19514 same applies? 42B lunchtime.

And 19474[Hyde Rd] on 378 [Stockport] just after lunch today.

Yes both 19514 and 19515 transferred from Sharston to Hyde Road this past weekend (4th Nov).

19405 also has the BBC Sounds advert applied like 19479.

Chris.
22582 is now back in use at Wigan meaning that all 5 MAN Enviro300s now see active service one again
(11/11/2018 20:53)Scania1996 Wrote:  22582 is now back in use at Wigan meaning that all 5 MAN Enviro300s now see active service one again

Are the Enviro300's still in use at AZ?? Not seen them out for a while, but unusually AZ seems to once again have a couple of Solos - one is used on taxis most days.
(11/11/2018 20:53)Scania1996 Wrote:  22582 is now back in use at Wigan meaning that all 5 MAN Enviro300s now see active service one again

Said bus is on the 600 today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)