Current time: 28/04/2024, 10:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Hey guys

I’m not sure if u know the 10448 were on 632 today just 3pm in dorning street is enviro 400 MMC AND IT IS VERY NICE AND SMOOTH.

Thank you guys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It seems months since any fleet changes of any consequence took place in Manchester
(08/02/2018 22:49)gilbert Wrote:  It seems months since any fleet changes of any consequence took place in Manchester

The 10 months since the Enviro 400-MMCs came to Middleton, with just 5 Enviro 200-MMCs to Stockport since then, might represent a quieter period than usual for new buses here. Maybe they are waiting to find out more about what Andy has up his sleeve before investing further here?
(10/02/2018 20:29)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The 10 months since the Enviro 400-MMCs came to Middleton, with just 5 Enviro 200-MMCs to Stockport since then, might represent a quieter period than usual for new buses here. Maybe they are waiting to find out more about what Andy has up his sleeve before investing further here?

Its more about what is leaving the fleet and what is moving around. Also, I have to say that people are still being very presumptive about Bus Reform. The process is that the Mayor will be advised by various bodies who are doing detailed work on the current state of the industry, and noting the accelerated decline in bus usage. The Mayor will then select a "preferred option" which will go to a public consultation later this year. Whatever decision is made, there will be nothing obvious "on the ground" until at least Autumn 2019.
(10/02/2018 21:44)Brickmill Wrote:  Its more about what is leaving the fleet and what is moving around. Also, I have to say that people are still being very presumptive about Bus Reform. The process is that the Mayor will be advised by various bodies who are doing detailed work on the current state of the industry, and noting the accelerated decline in bus usage. The Mayor will then select a "preferred option" which will go to a public consultation later this year. Whatever decision is made, there will be nothing obvious "on the ground" until at least Autumn 2019.

And the first question should be :-
"Mr Mayor" - How are you going to pay for a new system when the shower in London are reducing money supply to local government ?
(10/02/2018 23:25)Bevan Price Wrote:  And the first question should be :-
"Mr Mayor" - How are you going to pay for a new system when the shower in London are reducing money supply to local government ?

I'm sure that IS the first question the Mayor's office will have to consider, along with what will be the "cost" of doing nothing?

But does your question refer to cost" in purely financial terms, or in human terms? And if in purely financial terms, are you talking about the short-term cost to the Council tax payer - and I agree wholeheartedly with your point about Shi.... sorry *W*hitehall keeping all our "national" taxes - or the long term, socio-economic costs of the continuing the way were are going?
I assume any changes to bus services will be funded by the earn back model agreed with central Government
(11/02/2018 16:52)urmstonian Wrote:  I assume any changes to bus services will be funded by the earn back model agreed with central Government

I don't know how the figures stack up - and its certainly not the whole of the equation but two fundamentals have been raised so far:

1. Some services, especially into "the Regional Centre" will be reduced if average loadings are too low, to resource improved services on heavier loading corridors.
2. As with TIF, the ultimate aim is to arrest and reverse the decline in patronage, and thus increase create a "virtuous circle" allowing lower fares to attract more fare paying adults to a service that will be faster, due to their being less cars on the road.
Having looked over on the Vosa registrations I was surprised to see so many Tfgm tenders that have been lost by Stagecoach, is this a new direction by Stagecoach by not bidding for these contracts??
There's a combination of factors at play here.

Some contracts have been withdrawn entirely (e.g. 294 and 77), whilst others have been altered (e.g. 179, which has been split and partly merged into a revised 44).

The rest will simply be on price.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)