Current time: 06/05/2024, 23:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
250/X50s busy today, understandably with shoppers heading to the Trafford Centre and rugby league fans heading to Old Trafford for the Super League Grand Final.

Was on a 250 this afternoon and took an unusual route out of Manchester. Having set off full to the brim with passengers (leaving some behind), he heads out along the X50 route along Great Bridgewater Street. Obviously realising his mistake, he headed back to its normal route by going via Whitworth Street West, Whitworth Street (heading in wrong direction), Princess Street and Grosvenor Street (Charles Street was closed).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Olympian 16799 was operating a 142 this morning. Northbound going through Didsbury at 0735.
Seen a lot of new faces in bus stations inspecting, have they just taken on?
No, some of our Instructors are covering odds and sods due to illness and holiday, whilst one is on secondment to the role for three months whilst one of our Inspectors is working up in Fife.
Interesting, fife you say? They short up there?
(17/10/2012 19:01)StageStig Wrote:  Interesting, fife you say? They short up there?

They've still got the 4 MAN's 22153,22154,22168 and 22169 that they took on loan about 12-18 months ago.Maybe he's gone to see how they're getting on?Wave
I was on a MAN on the 11 today (as far as I know the only one allocated to the route today) and I couldn't help but notice the engine seemed quite outrageous to say the least. It performed and sounded nothing like the MAN engine I'm used to, and in fact resembled better the Cummins ISBe4! If anyone knows which bus I'm talking about and if it does indeed have a different engine or not, please do answer! Big Grin

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Any idea of the reg/fleetnumber of the MAN you were on Liam as I might be able to help you, it does sound like you were on one of the later batch of MAN's, maybe one of the ones Stagecoach got new for 378 Stockport-Grove Lane/Wilmslow service
It was an X reg, it shuddered more than any bus I've ever been on in my life but it definitely didn't have a MAN engine in it. :P

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(19/10/2012 19:11)P528LND Wrote:  It was an X reg, it shuddered more than any bus I've ever been on in my life but it definitely didn't have a MAN engine in it. :P

Was it X226BNE by any chance? (22226) I seem to recall a few months back that one seemed a little shaky.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)