Current time: 06/05/2024, 11:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
22355 broke down on the A49 near Goose Green earlier, and was being towed away
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/02/2017 20:40)Dentonian Wrote:  I think its the Versa that normally runs the 96, with the two Solos supposedly on the 173. However, the latter often sees diesels.

The Enviros vary in noise levels and general quality, but I think they are showing their age. I caught 19456 on the 203 on Thursday evening, and it was really struggling under the strain of 70-80 people. In fact, as it tried to conquer Lancashire Hill, I thought the rear axle behind me was about to snap taking the seat back with it!

Just needs retuning. sounds like the emissions warning was on reducing power after so many miles. there a Few buses Now that have been sorted and they use to go like you describe but now there little pocket rockets even under a full load using the Gears to greater effect 19449 is one of there 19181 and 19464 (i think ) All are very good they do though the way they change gears endless sound like they are struggling 19450 even i believe has had its Kick down reinstalled. wonders are down to poorly buses
(03/02/2017 15:35)Dentonian Wrote:  This is what I have been asking for weeks. Someone I correspond with who lives on the 540 route says that WN single decks do overload at peak times, but I don't understand why they don't use the Enviro400s they've already got. .

Last Thursday afternoon, (2 Feb.), only 3 single deckers were on the 540, all the other allocation was double-deck.
Seems that Wigan have gone live from today with the new VIX machines, not sure which depot is next on the list
(05/02/2017 21:06)M60lad Wrote:  Seems that Wigan have gone live from today with the new VIX machines, not sure which depot is next on the list
That's good to hear. Does anyone know if you're able to pay contactlessly from today, or if we have to wait for the official March 1st launch?
No contactless until official March 1st launch from what I got told by the friend who told me yesterday.
10467 currently at MN for driver training. Not for service
Ashton Depot have now also gone live with the new VIX machines from this weekend by the look of things, just leaving Hyde Road and Sharston to do now

Also this morning Stagecoach must have been short of Yellow Schoolbuses as their Y5 Sholver-Newman College (on Broadway) service was operated by a Standard Enviro400.
(08/02/2017 08:52)M60lad Wrote:  Ashton Depot have now also gone live with the new VIX machines from this weekend by the look of things, just leaving Hyde Road and Sharston to do now

Also this morning Stagecoach must have been short of Yellow Schoolbuses as their Y5 Sholver-Newman College (on Broadway) service was operated by a Standard Enviro400.
Have Stockports been upgraded yet?
(06/02/2017 06:59)M60lad Wrote:  No contactless until official March 1st launch from what I got told by the friend who told me yesterday.

that is correct Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)