Current time: 08/05/2024, 16:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
It looks like Middleton depot have gained a couple of Enviro400s from Wigan depot. Spotted two Enviro400s on the 118 today and one on the 112 yesterday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/04/2016 19:43)SF07 Wrote:  It looks like Middleton depot have gained a couple of Enviro400s from Wigan depot. Spotted two Enviro400s on the 118 today and one on the 112 yesterday.

You would have thought they would have given the Enviro400's to Ashton and give Middleton the pair of Tridents currently at AZ just to keep things simple but I'm thinking they may be the 09 reg ones from Wigan which are far to young for Ashton.
(06/04/2016 20:35)Dentonian Wrote:  I believe its the Euro 3s at Wigan, which would make them 19087/9/103.

In that case Middleton is welcome to them Smile
Being told that some Solos that are currently in Reserve will be reinstated and sent to Middleton to replace the remaining Primos, I know their none standard but this is a strange move considering their age

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/04/2016 00:36)T42 PVM Wrote:  Being told that some Solos that are currently in Reserve will be reinstated and sent to Middleton to replace the remaining Primos, I know their none standard but this is a strange move considering their age
Am I right in thinking that the primo's share the same engine and gearbox as the enviro darts?
(08/04/2016 00:36)T42 PVM Wrote:  Being told that some Solos that are currently in Reserve will be reinstated and sent to Middleton to replace the remaining Primos, I know their none standard but this is a strange move considering their age

Hardly surprising given that 3/4 Primo's are already withdrawn at Wigan. I'm
Surprised they have lasted so long. A lot of drivers and passengers hate them there back breakers.

I've said before though what will come of them. Given there age and the fact there DDA complient Stagecoach will value them at a high price and I Carnt see any operator paying top whack for Primo's, nor can I see any other Stagecoach group wanting them.
Latest fleetcard shows Primos 49891-3 dropping into reserve, replaced by ex-Preston Bus Solos 47768/74/75.

I can't imagine the Primos have that high a book value, despite their low age they're not worth much. I'd expect them to end up at Ensign in the near future.

Also of note that 26130/1 have been removed from service at Middleton, replaced by 22325/6 so it looks as though there is a bit of a standardisation drive going on.
Anybody else noticed the random words Stagecoach have been printing on tickets for the past few months? This week my day saver says 'daffodil' at the bottom. Why have they started doing this?
(08/04/2016 16:22)acocker96 Wrote:  Anybody else noticed the random words Stagecoach have been printing on tickets for the past few months? This week my day saver says 'daffodil' at the bottom. Why have they started doing this?

Thay have been doing that for ages. It is a security code which allows company officals to spot fraudulent tickets.
(08/04/2016 16:57)Nicholas Wrote:  Thay have been doing that for ages. It is a security code which allows company officals to spot fraudulent tickets.

Thanks Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)