Current time: 04/05/2024, 22:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(08/02/2016 21:25)Dentonian Wrote:  Almost certainly a loan, or even a changeover that needs to be back at Daw Bank tonight. Its not that unusual for AZ to borrow on of the MAN engined Enviro400s, but it would certainly be a surprise for them to move permanently! Hopefully, once all the MMCs are in service at HE, the cascade programme will become clearer, but the assumption is that the remaining Euro3 Enviro400s will transfer out (mainly to AZ), and release more early Euro4s from AZ (and hopefully a few direct from HE) to the MagicBus fleet, which in turn, will see Magic Tridents leave the fleet to allow all buses on Wilmslow Road corridor and up Portland Street, to be Euro4 or better.

How many buses do they need for the Magic bus fleet? Why do they need so many? Are Manchester getting 31 MMC's or 25?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/02/2016 22:29)Dentonian Wrote:  I forget the full PVR for 141/2/3/5, but the running times are very slow and there are about 20 142/3s an hour at their peak. Hyde Road are getting 25 now (10463-87), with the last six delayed. They should be 10504-9 and will probably now appear in April

And how many passengers do they carry? Loads of room every time I've been that way.
(07/02/2016 18:12)Les Long Wrote:  Photographed 10467 (SN65 OAZ) Friday afternoon on route 206

Les.

10465 was out in Partington this morning on the 255
(09/02/2016 20:08)Dentonian Wrote:  Not sure when you are down Oxford Road, but they are always well loaded when I'm travelling to/from the MRI - which is, of course, more often than I would like. Don't forget that during the day, the city centre isn't the main destination for Students, so loadings between Withington and the University campus are often much heavier than in/out of Piccadilly.

I've often thought the same spoting empty magic Tridents entering and leaving Piccadilly but as a friend of mine has recently started at Hyde road it's quite an eye opener just how much one drubbed can take in one morning on a magic bus duty, and when you add to that the amount of annual student passes that get used then the Magic buses are a big revenue earner for Stagecoach.
Due to continuing roadworks in Rusholme Stagecoach are diverting all their Wilmslow Road services during the day so they avoid Rusholme, not to sure what the official diversion is but it seems to be Platt Lane, Hart Lane, Lloyds Street, Upper Lloyd Street and Lloyd Street North, now this is where the confusion starts as I'm not to sure what the official diversion is after this as the 42 I was on yesterday (late running 14:35 from Stockport which left at 14:50) went straight upto Booth Street West before rejoining Wilmslow Road whereas I'm sure other Stagecoach services were turning at Moss Lane East.

Also are Stagecoach Drivers being told to pick up and set down on the diversion as I know sometimes its allowed and other times it can be frowned upon just depends on what the notices say in the relevant depots
Stagecoach 12124 currently left Ashton on 10:26 237 to Glossop
Can anyone suggest which bus I should take to get to First Street, about a min's walk from Deansgate Tram Station? I need to get there by 9.45am and I'm going from Piccadilly.

Thanks.
(10/02/2016 16:42)acocker96 Wrote:  Can anyone suggest which bus I should take to get to First Street, about a min's walk from Deansgate Tram Station? I need to get there by 9.45am and I'm going from Piccadilly.

Thanks.

If you mean Piccadilly Gardens, 101/4/5/9 and 255/6 all stop nearby (plus others)
If you mean Piccadilly rail, then metroshuttle 2/3 stop nearby.

However, if the weather is ok, and your able to i'd consider walking. It could take just as long to get there as on foot.
Despite earlier indications to the contrary, both 20982 and 20983 have joined the training fleet, replacing 20603/4.
Not sure if its been reported but 16949 has now transfered to Stockport and I think is for Schools only although could be wrong, would be nice to see it on various Stockport services though

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)