Current time: 06/05/2024, 11:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(08/12/2015 20:38)Dentonian Wrote:  StevenKnightMedia reports that four MagicBus Enviro400s have gone to Cowdenbeath for Forth Bridge replacement work, in the form of 19225/33/7/46. It seems Manchester has 22321-4 in their place. However, its not known if the MANs are just temporary, or where they are allocated - if not Sharston, then presumably internal moves may have happened. As there are four involved, its not beyond the realms of possibility that they will now stay, and replace the four remaining V/X reg examples. No other buses have gone from Manchester, and notably, no B10Ms from any Stagecoach company.
Fortunately, quick thinking/action by Stagecoach staff at Carlisle means no buses have been lost in the floods, so there should be no need to loan anything there, either.

Cumbria may yet need extra vehicles; the A591 has been severed at Dunmail Raise and will not reopen for several weeks, if not months. This means 555s are terminating at Grasmere, with a connecting shuttle running Kendal - Penrith (change to X4/5 for Keswick) via the M6. As not all Kendal routes are yet back running, the vehicle situation is not yet fully clear.
Also, Carlisle is far from timetabled operations - and indeed routes will be diverted for some time yet.

The MANs that have landed at Manchester should be a permanent fixture, with more possibly joining them. They're X-reg replacements - but for now will be backfilling the Enviro400s on loan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/12/2015 07:18)M60lad Wrote:  Got told at weekend that apparently Stagecoach Manchester are going to be involved in this weekends Rail Replacements between Manchester and Bolton and will probably be using double deckers on the services, I'm guessing some of them will be the 141 branded Tridents which aren't used at weekends and others will be Enviro400s

Apparently 30 drivers from other areas such as Merseyside are coming to help on this (with route training provided on the Saturday) at least 2 from my depot Rock Ferry are going up for it
Just spotted 47559 in Glossop not in service. Looks like it's finally roadworthy again but I wonder for how long? Smile
(09/12/2015 20:23)Dentonian Wrote:  I hope its a BYOB job.

BYOB???
(09/12/2015 22:05)Dentonian Wrote:  Bring your own bus. Can't see there being any over here; Supposedly, cross city traffic is gridlocked 24/7; Hyde Road corridor is stretched to the limit at the best of times, and City are at home on Saturday......and Christmas Shopping.

Nope us from Birkenhead are coming in a car to Hyde Rd so unless buses coming else where we are using there's but supposedly other people coming from other areas of UK tommorow for these rails as well so dunno what's happening yet until we get there
Interesting workings today saw most if not all of Wigan's Trident fleet out in service on various routes today with 4 earning their keep on 600s.

Rail Replacements between Bolton and Salford Central seemed to be a mix of Enviro400s, Magicbus Enviro400s, MMC400s and Magicbus 141 branded ALX400 Tridents
Another Saturday, and I rode the 197 journey that departs Albert Square for Stockport at 8.32. Like last week, it was a Trident again! This time it was 17612. With some grey paint at the front going flaky, and mostly grey seats with occasional blue, it seemed older than 15-16 years old.
(12/12/2015 22:57)M60lad Wrote:  Interesting workings today saw most if not all of Wigan's Trident fleet out in service on various routes today with 4 earning their keep on 600s.

Rail Replacements between Bolton and Salford Central seemed to be a mix of Enviro400s, Magicbus Enviro400s, MMC400s and Magicbus 141 branded ALX400 Tridents

Bolton to Salford Central after 5pm was a couple of hybrid Enviro400's, 2 magic Enviro400's and rest where standard Enviro400's
No MMC's or ALX400's ran that express service from Salford to Bolton after 5 .. The MMC's and ALX400's went on to what ever the rails from Manchester was

Only reason I know what was on Bolton to Salford express was I was driving one
Just had a ride on 10050 making a guest appearance on the X57
Out of interest what's the procedure when a passenger queries a fare as he/she is buying thier ticket on the bus.
There seemed to be a lengthy argument going on this afternoon on the 168 I boarded when a passenger claimed he was being overcharged.
The driver contined to berate the passenger as we were getting off which was totally unprofessional. I simply turned to the driver and said there one way to solve the argument with this chap - show him your fare chart and then it's done with. He basically laughed in my face and said 'it's 2015 not 1995 everything is digital mate'.

I thought it was still policy that drivers MUST carry paper fare charts or am I wrong?

Incidentally stagecoach used to have the full set of Manchester fare charts available on thier website but the link I have won't work as they have recently updated the website - does anyone have a link to the charts on the new site?

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)