Current time: 05/05/2024, 16:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(01/12/2015 21:53)Dentonian Wrote:  Not to mention the 4 at Middleton (22221/4/41/335) & Stockport's V reg 22808.....and the two B10Ms, which apparently will at least see the school term out.

Wouldn't the B10Ms technically be exempt as they are effectively used on a private hire between school and Stagecoach?

Also what about the older yellow school buses? I'm sure they have steps don't they?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
My understanding is that the B10Ms are exempt due to their work being a "closed" contract, but Stagecoach do not wish to have them still in use, just in case they sneak out onto regular service work.

I think the only school buses without lifts fitted are the pair of BMCs, but again they're exempt due to closed contracts, and again because they are classed as coaches. (Coach deadline is 2020)
(01/12/2015 23:07)mbonwick Wrote:  My understanding is that the B10Ms are exempt due to their work being a "closed" contract, but Stagecoach do not wish to have them still in use, just in case they sneak out onto regular service work.

I think the only school buses without lifts fitted are the pair of BMCs, but again they're exempt due to closed contracts, and again because they are classed as coaches. (Coach deadline is 2020)

29724 is the only BMC at Wigan with a lift
(01/12/2015 23:07)mbonwick Wrote:  My understanding is that the B10Ms are exempt due to their work being a "closed" contract, but Stagecoach do not wish to have them still in use, just in case they sneak out onto regular service work.

Arh so the B10Ms will be withdrawn then?
Any news on what's likely to replace them?
Reports on the Manchester evening news website suggest an Enviro400 was stolen from a Ashton depot during the night and driven towards Manchester but ended up colliding with scaffolding in Droylsden.
My barmy phone won't let me post the direct link but it's on the main page.

Dosen't say much about thier security Smile
(05/12/2015 16:34)Dentonian Wrote:  That's ironic: Stagecoach's security might be questionable, but the MEN's website security is bl**dy awful. I've had all sorts of unsolicited crap coming up in the last week or so, so I suggest you don't try uploading the picture. It doesn't identify the bus, anyway.

The pop up adverts are very annoying.
(05/12/2015 16:34)Dentonian Wrote:  That's ironic: Stagecoach's security might be questionable, but the MEN's website security is bl**dy awful. I've had all sorts of unsolicited crap coming up in the last week or so, so I suggest you don't try uploading the picture. It doesn't identify the bus, anyway.

19114, just been on BBC North West news, doesn't look as if there's much damage if any....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I rode the 197 to Stockport which departed Manchester 8.32 and arrived Stockport around 9.10am. It was run by former London / route 141 Trident 17497. I quite often use this bus on Saturdays for work and have been on Tridents on it on other occasions too.
(05/12/2015 21:46)Dentonian Wrote:  Poor allocation given it wasn't even a week day peak working. However, can you confirm it was 17497? This bus has never been branded for the 141, and had recently moved from Middleton. It was expected to go to Wigan, but an "internal source" on another list stated that it was in Hyde Road workshop having its central doors removed, before eturning to Middleton!

Yes Dentonian, it was 17497. I accept that I might have wrongly supposed it was formerly on route 141. It did still have its central door in case you're curious.
(05/12/2015 22:12)Dentonian Wrote:  Thanks. What livery is it in? I already had it down in corporate livery, but the aforementioned report also mentioned it would be repainted at Hyde Road.

17497 is in corporate livery

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)