Current time: 17/05/2024, 21:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
19458 MX58 VAY had an RTC colliding with a streetlamp on Dale Street, Northern Quarter at around 7pm.

The cause was thanks to an unprofessional private cab that attempted overtaking the bus in the adjacent lane without realising the traffic had stopped almost immediately in front of the bus, causing both cab and bus to brake sharply, and the bus swerving onto the pavement to avoid collision, and hitting the lamppost.
The private cab was undamaged however the front kerbside of the bus took the most damage with smashed windscreen, damaged light surround, mangled tree defender and heavily damaged doors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/11/2015 12:55)Dentonian Wrote:  No. The Solo is used for shuttles. Apart from having to replace the shuttle bus with another working, that would involve costly (in crew scheduling more than fuel) dead running from the depot to Ince, and from Wigan back to the depot. The whole point of Stagecoach running the 634 without cost to the tax-payer will be based on no bus cost and minimal crew costs. There is nothing wrong with that, even if people don't like seeing a double-decker on a lightly loaded service.

Another operator's allocation is irrelevant. Large Operators run a mainly full size fleet based on the required loadings to make a healthy profit on commercial services. SLT/Diamond NW (Atherton) don't - yet - even run double-deckers, and even full size single deckers are in a minority. I take very little notice of school contracts, but I also suspect they form a tiny proportion of DNW Atherton's PVR.

There is other Solo's and Primos that could be used instead of rotting away in the Reserve fleet at their age, I think someone said not so long ago that the 634 Decker works onto the 32 when it goes from every hour to ever half hour in the afternoon peak but hopefully theres someone on here who knows better than i do

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It's not a case of not having enough buses, it's about making best use of what's available.
"If the wheels ain't turning, it ain't earning"

Why have the added expense of an extra vehicle (a Solo), plus hassle of different wages, when the existing fleet will do perfectly fine?
Terence it was me that mentioned that the bus off 634 goes onto 32 in the afternoon thats according to a certain friend of ours who's not on this forum but I'm not to sure how accurate his information is
Another oddity that seems to have changed since the latest timetable change is the 06:51 32 Wigan-Manchester and 08:22 return journey from Manchester as before the latest timetable change it was always a Enviro200 as it did this 32 then spent most of the day on Beech Hills but now every Saturday its a Enviro400 as I see it most Saturdays now as I used to meet a friend of mine off it regular in Manchester who gets on it in Tyldesley
Whats replacing the 51 MAN's at Wigan? They must be due of this month as they are not DDA (Not got a ramp for starters)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(01/12/2015 21:31)T42 PVM Wrote:  Whats replacing the 51 MAN's at Wigan? They must be due of this month as they are not DDA (Not got a ramp for starters)

The 04 plate Tridents at Wigan for example also lack fitted ramps. They are keeping the 51 plate MANs for another year, 22301 has only just been MOT'd.

In other news fire damaged Hybrid Enviro400 12027/MX10 MVR is due back on the road very soon after being repaired at Wigan during the past year. I believe it's MOT is sometime this week.

Also the X reg MANs have started to depart Wigan depot for scrap. 22234 and 22242 were the first 2 to leave.
(01/12/2015 22:18)Scania1996 Wrote:  The 04 plate Tridents at Wigan for example also lack fitted ramps. They are keeping the 51 plate MANs for another year, 22301 has only just been MOT'd.

In other news fire damaged Hybrid Enviro400 12027/MX10 MVR is due back on the road very soon after being repaired at Wigan during the past year. I believe it's MOT is sometime this week.

Also the X reg MANs have started to depart Wigan depot for scrap. 22234 and 22242 were the first 2 to leave.

The Deckers are fine for another year but am sure as part of DDA Rules Buses must have ramps fitted

(15/11/2015 00:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  Seen former Wigan 22241 X241 ATD operating out of Middleton today on the 112/114/118 Services, Did it have LEDs when it was with Wigan as thats what it was fitted with today?

Yes the LEDs were fitted early last year Terence
The 51 regs MAN ALX300s are DDA compliant. Both they and indeed most vehicles upto and including 04-reg (which I'd imagine also includes the ALX400s at Wigan) have separate ramps kept in a box over the wheelarch.

The only requirement set out by the PSVAR is that the vehicle has a ramp attached to it in some way - the ramp does not have to be integrated (though in recent years that has been the preferred method), and can be stored separately.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)