Current time: 03/05/2024, 16:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I have also seen Fm33 on route 327, on the same day as the 322. I think it changes route in the rush hour.

A surprise on Monday 8th December was riding MagicBus Trident 17619 on route 197!

Still no sign of any E40D-MMC from the 10401-29 batch in service. I had hoped to ride one next Saturday with Metrolink to the Airport. Just as well I knocked this idea on the head and rode Metrolink 3 weeks ago!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Middleton Depot have today been using dual door Trident 17497 on 112s today and apparently its been repainted not into Magicbus but into Stagecoach livery and also this past week just gone they've also been using Magicbus liveried Tridents 17504 and 17578 I think these 2 have just been on Schools though.

Also apparently the first of the Olympians to be finally withdrawn from Middleton is 16797 and has now gone to Bryn Depot for storage

Other news is that Sharston Depot have currently got 17175, 17670 and 19260 on loan at the moment due to 3 of their Enviro 400s being sent to Hyde Road to be repainted into Magicbus livery
Has it been confirmed what route/s are the MMCs for? Or will they just pop up on any sharston route?
I have heard and been told that the new MMCs are for 85/86s Chorltons but I'm guessing that they could end up turning up on any Sharston route especially on lates as most Sharston routes interwork with each other in the evenings
I saw a new MMC on the 85 leaving Piccadilly Gardens at around 3:30-3:45 time this afternoon. I like it very much.
(20/12/2014 22:49)M60lad Wrote:  Middleton Depot have today been using dual door Trident 17497 on 112s today and apparently its been repainted not into Magicbus but into Stagecoach livery and also this past week just gone they've also been using Magicbus liveried Tridents 17504 and 17578 I think these 2 have just been on Schools though.

Also apparently the first of the Olympians to be finally withdrawn from Middleton is 16797 and has now gone to Bryn Depot for storage

Other news is that Sharston Depot have currently got 17175, 17670 and 19260 on loan at the moment due to 3 of their Enviro 400s being sent to Hyde Road to be repainted into Magicbus livery

17497 is indeed in Stagecoach corporate livery, and is being well used by Middleton at the moment - I saw it on a School service on Friday afternoon, and it has been a fixture on the 112 yesterday and today. I have also seen the two Magic liveried Tridents, but not in service, so it does look as though they are being used for schools. They don't seem to be based at Middleton, as I have passed then heading away from the depot in the early evening for the last week or so.
(21/12/2014 10:15)Dentonian Wrote:  It has been widely reported for some time, that they are for 85/86, but as those services have a combined off-peak VR of about 13 buses, I would think they will appear on other services regularly

(21/12/2014 18:49)Polo Mint Wrote:  I saw a new MMC on the 85 leaving Piccadilly Gardens at around 3:30-3:45 time this afternoon. I like it very much.

A suitable additional route would be the 101 for being the main route to Wythenshawe. Indeed, this photo of 10403 has route 101 displayed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/ps_bus_dri...1dF-qmvxp4

Oh, and as this is my last post here before Christmas, have a very Merry Christmas!
New Enviro400 photographed on 86 yesterday, re-tweeted by Stagecoach this morning. Also been photographed operating on the 111

https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...5312047104
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/16050069646
26131 is back at Middleton - no ticket machine so not in service atm
Stagecoach will be putting fares in the North Manchester and Wigan areas from 4 January 2015.

The day and weekly tickets for North Manchester services will go up by 50p with the Middleton Dayrider ticket set to cost £2.50 and the Middletonrider weekly ticket going up to £9.50. These tickets are valid on the whole routes of 80, 88/88A, 89/89A, 112/113, 115/116, 118, 131 and 156 plus the 149 between Manchester and Moston only.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Middleton%2...02015.aspx

Meanwhile, in Wigan, fares will also be going up from the same date. The Wigan Dayrider ticket goes up 20p to £3.00 with the Concessionary Dayrider going up 10p to £1.50. The Wiganrider weekly ticket goes up 50p to £11.50, while the Easyrider child weekly ticket goes up 25p to £5.75

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Copy%201%20...fares.aspx

No changes to any other fares including the main Stagecoach Manchester network.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)