Current time: 26/04/2024, 21:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Interesting that they are mostly the shorter 9m model with a lower seating capacity, presume they are for Magicbus?
I wonder if they have a lower book vale than the longer 10m model?
It has been stated that all London vehicles are owned by leasing companies, so presumably purchased by Stagecoach.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/08/2014 07:04)Southernsofty Wrote:  Interesting that they are mostly the shorter 9m model with a lower seating capacity, presume they are for Magicbus?
I wonder if they have a lower book vale than the longer 10m model?
It has been stated that all London vehicles are owned by leasing companies, so presumably purchased by Stagecoach.

I'm sure I read at the time Stagecoach first went back into London that they would be leasing vehicles rather than purchasing but that at the end of the leases Stagecoach would have the right to buy them outright at a much lower price.
I presume the older batch of ex London Tridents that came up to Manchester before the 2012 Olympics were also leased then purchased?

Thinking about it, there's always the possibility these Tridents are still leased hence why they are retaining the centre door. I was reliably informed that these were a temporary measure, so it seems odd that Stagecoach would purchase them use them for a year possibly two (could even be less), then sell/cascade them.
(30/08/2014 17:54)Owl Wrote:  Saw 36105 on the 112 this morning, and when I went past Middleton Depot in the midle of the morning the yard was empty apart from a lonely solo and some JPT debris at the very back.

Are the loans to cover JPT buses being put into Stagecoach livery, or are there problems cpvering the ex-JPT routes. RT59 JPT was in use on Friday, still in JPT colours with the logo on the front.

36103 also operating on the 112, it would appear:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ps_bus_dri...otostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ps_bus_dri...otostream/
(31/08/2014 07:51)Mayneway Wrote:  I'm sure I read at the time Stagecoach first went back into London that they would be leasing vehicles rather than purchasing but that at the end of the leases Stagecoach would have the right to buy them outright at a much lower price.
I presume the older batch of ex London Tridents that came up to Manchester before the 2012 Olympics were also leased then purchased?

Thinking about it, there's always the possibility these Tridents are still leased hence why they are retaining the centre door. I was reliably informed that these were a temporary measure, so it seems odd that Stagecoach would purchase them use them for a year possibly two (could even be less), then sell/cascade them.

Indeed, when Stagecoach bought back into London their decision was specifically to lease buses in future. It may well be though that vehicles they purchased from ELBG had in some or all cases been owned outright, and may therefore now be owned by Stagecoach. It would therefore be new buses since 2010/11 that are leased, together with some older buses, potentially including those ordered by ELBG such as the Scania OmniCities and Versas.

Any 17400/500 Tridents used as MagicBus extras - will they replace older longer Tridents there?
I think 17507/516 will probably be replacing the Spectra's.
The first time round, Stagecoach bought all their vehicles for London.

However, during Macquarie ownership, the newer vehicles were sold and leased back in a bid to reduce cost. It is these vehicles that Stagecoach could buy back, as has happened in the case of 18210-20. Anything before 03 plates was always owned outright. Most vehicles bought by Macquarie are also leased.

The retention of centre doors is not to do with lease commitments (they're owned), but time constraints.
The centre doors may help at busy times with loading & unloading but there in a problem that I've noticed with the Omnicity's at Bury, people sometimes tend to sneak on at the exit doors without paying when the bus is unloading.
[quote='james' pid='62357' dateline='1409513896']

not just these 2 another in mid paint is 17535 ly02oaa courtesy of craig fraser via fb group
yes i know it wasnt on the list provided yesterday
(31/08/2014 18:31)VolvoB10M Wrote:  The centre doors may help at busy times with loading & unloading but there in a problem that I've noticed with the Omnicity's at Bury, people sometimes tend to sneak on at the exit doors without paying when the bus is unloading.

Bound to be a major issue I would imagine and one of the main reasons dual door buses were done away with in Manchester.
(31/08/2014 18:31)VolvoB10M Wrote:  The centre doors may help at busy times with loading & unloading but there in a problem that I've noticed with the Omnicity's at Bury, people sometimes tend to sneak on at the exit doors without paying when the bus is unloading.

When I meant time constraints, I meant in terms of getting vehicles out into service before schools/universities start back.

No doubt as vehicles can be spared they'll be off for single dooring.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)