Current time: 10/05/2024, 07:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(27/03/2014 21:57)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  There was a 14 plate red bus in wigan garage at 7am this morning!

One of the Enviro400 Hybrids on their way to London maybe? there's a batch of 63 in course of delivery.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Magicbus 18284 ended up covering a late running 11:05 84 Piccadilly-Reddish Bullls Head journey yesterday morning due to the failure of 22103 in Piccadilly Gardens, 22100 ended up replacing it on its return journey from Reddish
PC0003681/361 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Manchester
Finish Point: Farnworth
Via:
Service Number: 38
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 18-MAY-2014
Other Details: Service introduced

Why do operators in Manchester insist on numbering services with numbers that already are in use - First's 38 between Ashton and Hurst.
(28/03/2014 18:05)joe_alker Wrote:  PC0003681/361 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Registration Accepted
Via:

Why do operators in Manchester insist on numbering services with numbers that already are in use - First's 38 between Ashton and Hurst.
so its confirmed this service is supposed to be retaliation to first ext 42s to nmgh - parrswood this service will be mri to farnworth shadowing the 36/7 route thru salford
I am led to believe it will shadow the 36 for most of route and also the 68 at the Farnworth end.
(28/03/2014 19:24)james Wrote:  so its confirmed this service is supposed to be retaliation to first ext 42s to nmgh - parrswood this service will be mri to farnworth shadowing the 36/7 route thru salford

Why don't they extend the 80/112?
(28/03/2014 18:05)joe_alker Wrote:  PC0003681/361 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Registration Accepted
Via:

Dont see the problem using service 38,Isnt as if the 2 of them overlap (or in fact use same part of Manchester!)

(28/03/2014 19:46)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I am led to believe it will shadow the 36 for most of route and also the 68 at the Farnworth end.

interesting,wonder why they just dont run it all the way to bolton to grow their network there
(28/03/2014 20:25)rod_259 Wrote:  Why don't they extend the 80/112?

Sorry I meant to say to South Manchester - not Farnworth! Surprised they didn't beat First to link up and create more cross city services using ex-Bluebird services. Seems Salford/Nth East Manchester area is their main expansion area at moment. I am surprised they haven't gone all way to Bolton maybe PVR requirements?
Magic Buses out in force on 168/9 today, rode on 17618 with that, 17622 and 17634 photographed.
Very interesting. I didn't expect a response by launching a route in that part of the network, I thought they might increase the frequency of the X41/42 or perhaps from Middleton to Piccadilly shadowing the 17/18/163

What is the frequency of this service? and I assume it is regular Stagecoach and not Magicbus? I also wonder about the depot it will operated by, I assume Hyde Road, or maybe Wigan?

I wonder if this would provoke a counter response? Hopefully they keep responding to each other so every major route corridor in Manchester has competition. Very wishful thinking for me here, but it would be nice to have true competition on bus corridors where there is no competition.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)