Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(17/07/2012 04:26)P528LND Wrote:  
(16/07/2012 21:50)ace Wrote:  
(16/07/2012 20:17)SF07 Wrote:  76 is one of my local routes, so that is good news for me. Even though the route is longer, it might give First a run for their money on the 180/184 route.

Also, Stagecoach running through Salford will certainly be weird at first, but good to see Stagecoach branching out. Maybe we'll finally see First and Stagecoach taking each other on at long last. Well, hopefully Smile

And after the Olympics Stagecoach will be putting 10 brand new buses on the route. Now let's see First follow suit on that one!

Ahem, erm, Oldham depot are to recieve 50 new deckers after the Olympics, and I think most are earmarked for the 83/180/184... Smile

As for this Route 50 - Will this be the end of the Route 9? Last I heard it was a TfGM tender, however if the route is followed identically by a commercial operation, there will be no need for it will there?

50 new deckers to Bolton as well which will no doubt be used on the 8, 36 and 37 in Manc!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/07/2012 04:26)P528LND Wrote:  As for this Route 50 - Will this be the end of the Route 9? Last I heard it was a TfGM tender, however if the route is followed identically by a commercial operation, there will be no need for it will there?

That was my thought too, particularly as the new 50 is scheduled to run into Salford Crescent station, like the 9 does. Although, the 9 will offer cheap fares for travel between Salford Crescent and MediaCityUK (£1 single, £1.60 day ticket, £6 weekly or free for staff/students at Salford University). One positive of the 50 extension would be Enviro400 double deckers rather than the Optare minibus hybrids.

http://www.tfgm.com/salfordquayslink/
(17/07/2012 08:55)SF07 Wrote:  
(17/07/2012 04:26)P528LND Wrote:  As for this Route 50 - Will this be the end of the Route 9? Last I heard it was a TfGM tender, however if the route is followed identically by a commercial operation, there will be no need for it will there?

That was my thought too, particularly as the new 50 is scheduled to run into Salford Crescent station, like the 9 does. Although, the 9 will offer cheap fares for travel between Salford Crescent and MediaCityUK (£1 single, £1.60 day ticket, £6 weekly or free for staff/students at Salford University). One positive of the 50 extension would be Enviro400 double deckers rather than the Optare minibus hybrids.

http://www.tfgm.com/salfordquayslink/

I imagine that TfGM would subsidise the same rules on the 50 if this does mean the end of the 9. However one thing that cancels out the end of the 9 is the two hybrids, but then again it's easy to paint them in the Green Hybrid livery and send them elsewhere for work on a PVR - 2 route.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
The 100 new wirst buses are Enviro400's are they not?
Be easier to assimilate into the Stagecoach fleet...coincidence? Lol
(17/07/2012 10:58)StageStig Wrote:  The 100 new wirst buses are Enviro400's are they not?
Be easier to assimilate into the Stagecoach fleet...coincidence? Lol

We don't know yet if they're going to be ADL or Volvo/Wright (*droans* AGAIN...) but I'd prefer ADL to be quite honest. That way at least the public will at least notice to an extent that they are new...

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

I thought they had already Been delivered and were serving the Olympics before heading north

Other news, 5 more Enviro400's will arrive at Hyde road from Newcastle between 5/6pm
Tonight
They've got a few for Driver Familiarisation which seems to point towards their further use at the two depots, however we could be mistaken and they just be there for Olympic contracted drivers. Then again, you're probably right. I think the evidence seems to point in the direction of ADL to be honest.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

Having worked for both companies I prefer the ADL
19380 19381 19442 arrived at 17.00ish, 19443 & 19444 arrived 17.35

Epic journey back lol
Maytree have cancelled the 9 between Salford Crescent and Salford University today, so the 50 will replace the service instead of the two running along the same route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)